THE ONLY ONE SiNGLE OUT NOW!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Postby melx » 3rd Aug 09, 19:01

gar971y wrote:took me all day to work out who they sounded like with this track,,,and i got it,,,,,,,its,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,3 colours red !!!,,anybody else getting that ,,,?


3CR always sounded Wildheartesque to me.......


.......both bands have had an ex-senseless thing and a McCormack in 'em. :lol:
melx
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 8th Jul 09, 17:19
Location: Resident of the United Kingdom

Postby Andrew1 » 3rd Aug 09, 19:25

Probably a stupid question but I'm a bit of a computer numpty: If I download this from Amazon can I put it in my iTunes catalog or am I better off waiting until they pull their finger out and put it on their store?
Andrew1
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 14th Mar 09, 20:39

Postby melx » 3rd Aug 09, 19:28

Andrew1 wrote:Probably a stupid question but I'm a bit of a computer numpty: If I download this from Amazon can I put it in my iTunes catalog or am I better off waiting until they pull their finger out and put it on their store?


I don't use iTunes, but if you download it from amazon using the downloader it will create a folder 'amazon mp3' on your computer and download the MP3 into that...

...then you can do whatever you like with it, just drag it into itunes I'd suppose?
melx
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 8th Jul 09, 17:19
Location: Resident of the United Kingdom

Postby firedup » 3rd Aug 09, 19:32

Andrew1 wrote:Probably a stupid question but I'm a bit of a computer numpty: If I download this from Amazon can I put it in my iTunes catalog or am I better off waiting until they pull their finger out and put it on their store?


Using the amazon MP3 downloader it automatically adds it to your itunes library and even opens itunes up for you afterwards! Not much different experience in terms of usability than downloading it direct through itunes. :D
firedup
 
Posts: 170
Joined: 27th Mar 06, 10:50
Location: Nottingham

Postby WiredOut » 3rd Aug 09, 20:15

Hmmm... pleasant. Feels a bit like the kind of thing that would soundtrack a scene of a young baggy-jumpered Winona Ryder and, ooh, let's say Ethan Hawke sharing a joint under a Soundgarden poster in some sensitive grunge movie somewhere back in time. :wink:

I'd be a bit non-plussed if the whole album sounded just like this but the rest of it sounds more recognisably Wildheartian from the amazon.de clips. Although I've only allowed myself one listen to each of those, so I know my judgement's limited here.

Seems like typically perverse Wildhearts anti-marketing magic to put what sounds like the least representative track of the album out as a first single though. But maybe that's to hook people who normally wouldn't listen to them? Who knows? Baffling as ever. Gotta love 'em eh? :)

Still, the production is a refreshing change and the subtle orchestration and effects on the second verse point to interesting things ahead, I think. Cool.
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
WiredOut
 
Posts: 320
Joined: 26th Mar 06, 05:01
Location: no coitaL

Postby Jimmy79 » 3rd Aug 09, 20:24

its a real shame theres no video!

this is the kinds song that would make alot of new fans was it airing on the music channels
Image
Jimmy79
 
Posts: 150
Joined: 15th Oct 06, 23:53

Postby melx » 3rd Aug 09, 20:27

WiredOut wrote:Seems like typically perverse Wildhearts anti-marketing magic to put what sounds like the least representative track of the album out as a first single though. But maybe that's to hook people who normally wouldn't listen to them? Who knows? Baffling as ever. Gotta love 'em eh? :)


you know, I've been thinking this for years and years. Everyone seems to do this.

I can think of loads of examples where the single (and sometimes the biggest hit) is a very poor representation of what the band are about.

How many ballads have we heard as singles over the years (when the rest of the album is rocking as fuck)

Everyone knows FOW from 'stacey's mom' which is the worst track on the album by far...it makes them sound cheesy pop/punk when in fact they are powerpop masters.
melx
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 8th Jul 09, 17:19
Location: Resident of the United Kingdom

Postby marky-boy » 3rd Aug 09, 21:44

it's a load of shite, radio friendly spineless bollocks

gutted
marky-boy
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 19th Dec 07, 14:48

Postby Sarc » 3rd Aug 09, 21:45

WiredOut wrote:Hmmm... pleasant. Feels a bit like the kind of thing that would soundtrack a scene of a young baggy-jumpered Winona Ryder and, ooh, let's say Ethan Hawke sharing a joint under a Soundgarden poster in some sensitive grunge movie somewhere back in time. :wink:

.


Awww man Reality Bites, what a fucking film, only second to Singles.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby 29xTheJames » 3rd Aug 09, 21:56

Its grown on me but I'm still slightly disappointed.
Being a Wildhearts fan rocks.
29xTheJames
 
Posts: 322
Joined: 19th Feb 07, 23:54
Location: Newcastle, England

Postby WiredOut » 3rd Aug 09, 22:01

Sarc wrote:
WiredOut wrote:Hmmm... pleasant. Feels a bit like the kind of thing that would soundtrack a scene of a young baggy-jumpered Winona Ryder and, ooh, let's say Ethan Hawke sharing a joint under a Soundgarden poster in some sensitive grunge movie somewhere back in time. :wink:

.


Awww man Reality Bites, what a fucking film, only second to Singles.


Heh, yeah, I was kinda thinking of both, though I haven't seen either in about a billion years.
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
WiredOut
 
Posts: 320
Joined: 26th Mar 06, 05:01
Location: no coitaL

Postby Sarc » 3rd Aug 09, 22:09

I bought Singles today funnily enough.

Speaking of singles has anyone heard the wildhearts have a new one today?

Hows about that for getting things back on track.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Chris Norway » 3rd Aug 09, 22:13

Getting VERY frustrated! Do not promote an exclusive iTunes release when you cant even bring it up on the store on the day it was released on amazon, who wont sell mp3s to Norway :x

Bollocks.

Chris



:wink:
Chris Norway
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 4th May 06, 00:12

Postby Jimmy79 » 3rd Aug 09, 22:26

this maybe the easiest wildhearts track to play on guitar!
Image
Jimmy79
 
Posts: 150
Joined: 15th Oct 06, 23:53

Postby andylangbos » 3rd Aug 09, 22:28

Man i love this song, the production is huge and the chorus is ace, the harmonies/vocal melodies are quality, lovin the synth sounds goin on too and scotts voice suits it down to the ground. Yeah it sounds a quite american, but its sung and (correct me if i'm wrong...sure i read this somewhere...) written by scott, who is american. i dont think anyones 'selling out' or tryin to be anthing they're not. Cant say i'd turn it down on my album on account of it being too radio friendly...

This album sounds like it has a real chance of doing well, hats off to the band and good luck to them in getting all the commercial success they've earned, but not got over the years!
andylangbos
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 18th Oct 08, 00:19

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests