The Loved Ones

Off-topic chat. Items cannot be returned without a ticket.

The Loved Ones

Postby markE » 23rd Jul 09, 14:08

just found this myspace via the gaslight anthem page and i like what i am hearing. reminds me of early ish soul asylum.

www.myspace.com/thelovedones
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE
 
Posts: 764
Joined: 18th May 06, 13:53

Postby Sarc » 23rd Jul 09, 14:10

SOLD LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER. I like that, I like that a lot. Ean will love it to I gaurantee it.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Ean » 23rd Jul 09, 15:18

Hah! I'll have you know that you're... right.

Dammit! :?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby Mattie » 23rd Jul 09, 17:06

Their newer album is pretty good, it's on my mp3 player so may give it a listen now I've been reminded of it. It's got a few similarities to SATS I guess (now I've listeend... not really!) but less aggressive.

They have older albums but I never heard them - I listened to the 3rd (I think) when some ex-members of The Explosion joined them.

The Explosion were also pretty damned good, especially the album Flash Flash Flash. After that their next album (Black tape) was a bit more mainstream but still good, with songs featuring on various computer games at the time (such as a Burnouut game)

They then disbanded and their next album never got a proper release
Mattie
 
Posts: 220
Joined: 28th Jan 07, 22:59
Location: Derby

Postby richjones » 27th Jul 09, 18:50

Gotta agree with you on The Loved Ones and Explosion tip. The Loved Ones albums are both fantastic and then new'ish EP 'Distractions' is great too.

The Explosions 3rd record is really good.. somewhere between Black Tape and Flash Flash Flash (my fave). A little bit of digging around on the internet might land you a download link. That's how I got my copy....
richjones
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 9th Dec 06, 11:56


Return to The Cloakroom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests