GiNGER TO PLAY GUiLFEST + BiRMiNGHAM WARM-UP DATE

Albums, singles, songs and general Ginger banter

Postby geordierussell » 10th Jul 09, 11:56

Not sure, but you should be able to see my crappy pix from last night.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/album.php?aid=106385&id=726601215
geordierussell
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: 9th Mar 06, 18:59
Location: chesterfield

Postby geordierussell » 10th Jul 09, 15:53

I've got a full video of the less oft heard track, The Man Who Almost...
I'll upload to youtube later. Decent quality for a change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJBcrh8RtAo
geordierussell
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: 9th Mar 06, 18:59
Location: chesterfield

Postby Nickinvincible » 10th Jul 09, 19:49

Great gig, although the place was well empty! Setlist was slightly different to what I heard on the tour, they did play Queen of Leaving, When She Comes and Man Who Cheated Death but there was no Casino Bay nor Why Can't You Just Be Normal, as I recall.

Oh and Givvy was there so they did Unlucky In Love, awesome!!!

I think the presence of backing singers added a lot actually, I thought it was a really good fun setlist and fun night! The guy with the poem was a bit random but good fun!
Nickinvincible
 
Posts: 217
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 15:08
Location: London

Postby Ean » 10th Jul 09, 20:01

Two or three songs had to be cut due to all the diversions - At least one of them might well have been in there.

Great to hear The Man Who Cheated Death live again. :D
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby geordierussell » 10th Jul 09, 20:10

Ean wrote:Two or three songs had to be cut due to all the diversions - At least one of them might well have been in there.

Great to hear The Man Who Cheated Death live again. :D


trust me to get the title wrong.....
geordierussell
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: 9th Mar 06, 18:59
Location: chesterfield

Postby Ean » 10th Jul 09, 20:12

:lol:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby vickyp » 11th Jul 09, 16:09

It's a good video anyway :D
Eureka Machines new single 'Everyone Loves You' - OUT NOW!
www.eurekamachines.com
vickyp
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 01:35
Location: Leeds

Postby Robdj » 12th Jul 09, 17:24

Really fun night ! Band sounded good and they were clearly all enjoying themselves. A good Thursday night out! :D
Robdj
 
Posts: 98
Joined: 15th Apr 07, 21:17
Location: Nottingham

Postby Damian » 12th Jul 09, 18:37

Guilfest was great fun, although Ginger pulled quite a small and largely quiet though appreciative crowd. At Reading or Download that might have been a bad thing, but Guilfest is very heavy on the "heritage" acts (lots of people appeared for The Stranglers and Motorhead) so I'd take that as a healthy sign that he's still contemporary! He was great though, and the banter was the funniest I've ever seen him do, including making up song titles because "none of you know what they're called". So one of them became "Cheese: Discuss" if I remember rightly.

Oh yeah, and earlier in the day he bought a kilt and wore it onstage. There's a ton of photos here, including the kilt:

http://www.guilfest.co.uk/2009/gallery-detail.php?id=3

Then the small matter of Eureka Machines on Saturday. Who were marvellous as usual. Chris told the crowd that he had played Lemmy a riff from "Do Or Die" the night before and it had made Lemmy cry for the first time ever due to its difficulty...

Also saw The Charlatans and Brian Wilson, top fun both.
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby Sarc » 12th Jul 09, 18:40

Now that was something I never in a million years thought I'd see lol
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby neil » 14th Jul 09, 13:32

I really enjoyed the Birmingham gig, probably more so than the two I went to on the tour. It had a really relaxed fun atmosphere, which I wasn't expecting as sometimes smaller shows I go to in the Midlands are a little empty and the atmosphere a bit flat as a result. I think Tragedy helped get everyone warmed up, they seemed to get a better response than on the Wildhearts tour, where there was a lot of indifference.

The only song we missed off the setlist was 'This Too Will Pass', which wasn't so bad when you consider that 'Unlucky in Love' wasn't on there, and neither was the spur of the moment attempt at 'You and me (That's What I want)', so we kinda ended up in credit. The only downside to the late doors and finish for me were that I had to get up at 5 the next morning to spend all day at work.

I took some photos, which you can see here if interested: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/albu ... 154&ref=nf
Bear in mind I'm no photographer, and they were taken in a dark club on a compact, so don't expect anything too good, but they're not too bad either. And if they were good, Facebook would be completely the wrong place to put them anyway with their shrinking effect.
neil
 
Posts: 79
Joined: 19th Feb 06, 01:24
Location: Birmingham

Postby Keith Richard » 14th Jul 09, 14:02

Hmmmmm......10/10 for balls, but someone from north of the border really needs to give him a few pointers.
"Some Days Just Fucking Suck"
Keith Richard
 
Posts: 746
Joined: 13th Feb 06, 18:44
Location: Singapore

Postby markE » 14th Jul 09, 17:45

Keith Richard wrote:Hmmmmm......10/10 for balls, but someone from north of the border really needs to give him a few pointers.


crikey :shock: i wasn't looking that closely. it wasn't that short a kilt surely?
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE
 
Posts: 764
Joined: 18th May 06, 13:53

Postby Sarc » 14th Jul 09, 17:51

markE wrote:
Keith Richard wrote:Hmmmmm......10/10 for balls, but someone from north of the border really needs to give him a few pointers.


crikey :shock: i wasn't looking that closely. it wasn't that short a kilt surely?


GOd damnit, cant believe i missed that gag.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Ross » 15th Jul 09, 13:59

neil wrote:I think Tragedy helped get everyone warmed up, they seemed to get a better response than on the Wildhearts tour, where there was a lot of indifference.


I think that the audience on a Ginger solo tour is generally a lot more musically tolerant than your standard WH audience.
Image
Ross
 
Posts: 407
Joined: 1st Mar 06, 17:28
Location: Leicester UK

PreviousNext

Return to Ginger Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests