Which song are you most looking forward to (Earth Vs..)?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Which song are you most looking forward to (Earth Vs..)?

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 8th Sep 08, 23:23

I am looking forward to the upcoming Earth Vs show and the songs I am looking forward ot the most have to be - News of the World (never heard it live) and Miles Away Girl (not heard in ages) just love the opening riff to that one.


And if b-sides from the singles are played I would love to hear "And the Bullshit Goes On..."as I have never heard this one played live either. Also "Show a Little Emotion", cos I just love the ending, it's one of those change of tempo parts that Ginger does so well.

Don't think I have ever heard them play "Down on London" either. I am right in assuming the b-sides will be played right? Sorry, I haven't read all the news/threads :?
Jason_scorching_past
 
Posts: 263
Joined: 20th Jul 08, 20:50

Re: Which song are you most looking forward to (Earth Vs..)?

Postby Ean » 8th Sep 08, 23:31

Jason_scorching_past wrote:...I would love to hear "And the Bullshit Goes On..."as I have never heard this one played live either.

...I am right in assuming the b-sides will be played right? Sorry, I haven't read all the news/threads :?

No-one else has either, as I'm fairly sure it's never had a live airing.

it seems to be the plan and as far as we know, it'll be the album in full then the B-sides afterwards. :D
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby WildCat » 8th Sep 08, 23:37

29x the pain, feckin love it

come to think of it, what does it mean?
Control, we have a code 5. He is small, orange and has a broken fin. Yes, he's a fish.
WildCat
 
Posts: 124
Joined: 20th Jun 08, 13:52
Location: Shitsville, LONDON

Postby Cwej » 9th Sep 08, 00:27

always love hearing news of the world ,. tehy did it in 2004 (i think) with random at harlow ..

i think down on london was played at some of the first 'reformation/preRARAMFR' shows

ginger did play ' .. and the bullshit goes on ' acoustic @ rugely with ehlp from some fat guy who looks nothing like jack black , and show a little emotion has been on a few acoustic setlists , but neither have featured in a proper WH electric set that i know of

the sheps bushy show has been reported as earth vs and all the b-sides of that era , one rumour has been that they've rehearsed the whole album , all the bsides and planned an encore of a don't be happy track and a stop me if you've heard track

i'll be happy with whatever we get , i think a b-side of 2 may not get aired just cos of however things work out , but hey

IT'S ALL GOOD
don't gimme your manson lamps
Cwej
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 15th Feb 06, 02:46

Postby Damian » 9th Sep 08, 10:10

Oddly enough it's "Shut Your F***ing Mouth" that I'm looking forward to most because I've only heard it live once. Most of Earth Vs still gets a fairly regular hearing. Not that I'm complaining because it is pretty much my favourite album ever (well, top 5 certainly) and the whole thing's going to be amazing!
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby Sarc » 9th Sep 08, 10:52

Without a shadow of doubt Im looking forward to hearing Loveshit live for the first time and getting to hear Love U Til I Don't again, i think if there was a ever a song written that was the perfect set closer its that one.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Soundog » 9th Sep 08, 11:14

WildCat wrote:29x the pain, feckin love it

come to think of it, what does it mean?


There was a Ginger Q&A for this. I remember that Ginger wrote it with Hüsker Dü's 59x The Pain in mind but thought he wasn't quite as depressed as Bob Mould. Also, he was 29 at the time.
Soundog
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 29th Mar 07, 09:43
Location: Germany

Postby Soundog » 9th Sep 08, 11:19

Everlone and Love U are standouts on that album and defining tracks for the WH, and it'll be great to hear them live again, however often I already have, but for the special occasion I gotta go with TWO-WAY IDIOT MIRROR!

Woah, Girlfriend Clothes, News Of The World, Dangerlust... it's going to be a beautiful night.
Soundog
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 29th Mar 07, 09:43
Location: Germany

Postby markE » 9th Sep 08, 11:20

loveshit - because it was the first wildhearts tune i ever heard and i loved it straight away.
miles away girl - coz its wifeys favourite.

but in general [all of 'em :D :shock: 8) :P b]a[/b]
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE
 
Posts: 764
Joined: 18th May 06, 13:53

Postby vanrad » 9th Sep 08, 11:44

sob... I cannae go!!! They're all be good.... I'm hoping they play a few of the more obscure ones (i.e. b-sides) on their UK tour in December... and if I had to pick one b-side it would be 'Shut Your F*****g mouth...' it's only a little song!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
vanrad
 
Posts: 226
Joined: 16th Feb 06, 14:19
Location: Falkirk FK2

Postby WildCat » 9th Sep 08, 14:22

Soundog wrote:
WildCat wrote:29x the pain, feckin love it

come to think of it, what does it mean?


There was a Ginger Q&A for this. I remember that Ginger wrote it with Hüsker Dü's 59x The Pain in mind but thought he wasn't quite as depressed as Bob Mould. Also, he was 29 at the time.


thank you. i remember the q&a explanation but i don't remember it explaining the title, so cheers for that
Control, we have a code 5. He is small, orange and has a broken fin. Yes, he's a fish.
WildCat
 
Posts: 124
Joined: 20th Jun 08, 13:52
Location: Shitsville, LONDON

Postby godofhaircare » 9th Sep 08, 17:23

Soundog wrote: but for the special occasion I gotta go with TWO-WAY IDIOT MIRROR!
.


YES YES YES!!!!!!!

TWO-WAYIDIOT MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best song i've never personally heard them play live (although i know they have)

Can't......fricken.....wait......
godofhaircare
 
Posts: 217
Joined: 15th Feb 06, 12:41
Location: Glasgow

Postby Trash » 9th Sep 08, 19:41

Hmmm.... mine would be...

...Bullshit goes on
Two-way idiot mirror
Shame on me
News of the world
Show a little emotion

So many to choose from though and not a single bad one!
Trash
 
Posts: 48
Joined: 9th Apr 07, 13:27

Postby nig1012 » 9th Sep 08, 20:00

LOVESHIT always gets me bouncing in fact the last time i heard it was at nottingham on gingers market harbour tour i'm surprised you don't remember it sarcy boy :lol: :wink:







(sorry that was a bit of a cheap shot if i was a boxer i'd be disqualified for punching below the belt)
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 30th Mar 06, 19:16
Location: crewe

Postby Cwej » 9th Sep 08, 20:12

i hope they chuck out loads of neon whistles like they did before the full roar 94 tour :)
don't gimme your manson lamps
Cwej
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 15th Feb 06, 02:46

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

cron