Wildhearts CD purchases?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

How do you prefer to purchase your Wildhearts CDs?

From the internet
12
63%
Brick-and-morter store
5
26%
Gig sales
0
No votes
Other, please explain below
2
11%
 
Total votes : 19

Wildhearts CD purchases?

Postby Monica_ICE » 17th Jun 08, 02:39

While I'm at it, how would you prefer to purchase your Wildhearts CDs (since you said you prefer them)? Do you prefer internet purchase? Brick-and-morter stores? Gig sales? Or something else?
Monica_ICE
 

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 17th Jun 08, 02:47

other. i got most of the albums off amazon, as i rarely see anything but the recent ones in stores.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby Monica_ICE » 17th Jun 08, 04:48

Sorry, I mean future CDs. How would you like to purchase future Wildhearts CDs?

Also, this isn't for those downloading digital files. "Downloads" don't have to be the purchased kind, BTW. (I'm not Ginger.) I'm looking at ALL aquisition methods. P2P is the biggest method by far here in the US; that's why we have an entirely different way of doing things.
Monica_ICE
 

Postby wildsam6o » 17th Jun 08, 11:24

i like to get my cds from the net cos i rarly have chance to go into town to buy them....and then i have to order them in, so when i get them from the net i get them to my door.

i like to look around record fares as-well from time to time, ive found some right steals and bargains (wildhearts stuff alone)

i got phuq vinyl perfect condition for like £12
sweeeeet
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 17th Jun 08, 12:58

oh, well in that case, i'd say record stores. i can piss away HOURS in a record store if i'm not dragged out by somebody. it's a little more expensive than buying online, but at least you get the CD as soon as you buy it, and it's a social thing too - i've met a few people in record stores, got talking, and became good friends.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby Rancidpunk_76 » 17th Jun 08, 13:30

Record shop for sure. As long as the shop in question actually stocks what i'm after!
Rancidpunk_76
 
Posts: 132
Joined: 24th Apr 07, 15:45

Postby vickyp » 17th Jun 08, 19:15

I've used all of the above in the past, and probably will in the future too.
I'll often buy it online if i'm going to get it faster, I don't always have time to go into town on a saturday and the really good little record store round the corner closed down a few years back. They used to take orders if they didn't have stock, then call you when your CD came in. You could go in just for a browse and be in there for half an hour just having a chat. It was ace.
I'll buy something at a gig if that's the first place I see it, always nice to buy direct from the folk producing it but sometimes you've run out of cash and have to get it online later.
One thing I will never, ever, do again is use Tesco Digital. If I ever have to deal with that shower of idiots again it will be too soon.
Bring back my local store, says I.
Eureka Machines new single 'Everyone Loves You' - OUT NOW!
www.eurekamachines.com
vickyp
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 01:35
Location: Leeds

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 17th Jun 08, 23:05

i went to my local record store today, went in with a twenty quid and about 10minutes to spare. left two hours later (fuck it, i only missed a coupla hours i'dve spent dossing in the park!) with "synchestra" by devin townsend, and the new offspring album, having had a most hilarious chat with the owner, his wife, his daughters, and a few randomers who dropped in.

long live record shops!!!!
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby dweezil » 18th Jun 08, 00:20

I'm kind of forced to buy my Wildhearts (or Round Records for that matter) CDs from Amazon... but if they actually showed up at my record store at a domestic price.. I would do it immediately!
dweezil
 
Posts: 14
Joined: 1st Feb 08, 20:47


Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests