london travelodges

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

london travelodges

Postby nig1012 » 25th May 08, 20:55

where abouts in london was this £29 travelodge people
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 30th Mar 06, 19:16
Location: crewe

Re: london travelodges

Postby Damian » 26th May 08, 00:27

nig1012 wrote:where abouts in london was this £29 travelodge people

1) Go to Travelodge website
2) Click "Find saver rooms" link
3) On step 1 click "a specific date" and enter 20/09/2008
4) On step 2 enter "London" and click "Search"
5) Change the "limit page to" tab to 30 results and click "update"

At the time of writing there appears to be £29 rooms in Farringdon (nice easy one to get to from the tube), Docklands (slightly harder work but I've stayed there a couple of times and can advise you if you book it - it's still just about in zone 2) ... and then it all gets a little impractical.

This changes all the time. Last time I looked there was only Battersea. I'd get Farringdon while you can - that looks ideal and nice though it is to be in a Hilton this time, I might have booked that if it had been available at the time I booked. All you have to do after the gig is jump on the Hammersmith & City line (which is open at the station, unlike the Central) and it'll take you all the way there. Perfect!
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby nig1012 » 26th May 08, 15:04

farringdon travelodge booked. cheers 4 the info damian hope to see you before the gig for a wee drink or 4
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 30th Mar 06, 19:16
Location: crewe

Postby blackdeathcrew » 27th May 08, 10:50

Bloody good deal that - Booked mine at farringdon too 8)
blackdeathcrew
 
Posts: 578
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 13:30
Location: Worcestershire

Postby Radish » 27th May 08, 13:01

Or this place - http://www.travelstay.com/pages/Carr-Sa ... affcode=RA - at £25 per night. Stayed there after the xmas gig, not great but adequate (it is student accommodation after all) and the breakfast was ok.
Radish
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:36
Location: Oxfordish

Postby colzo666 » 27th May 08, 18:08

Radish, which is closer / cost less on tube / taxi?

Got an email re. the Travel-lodge, cheers! Will be on here a lot more :)
Too sweet, too strong
colzo666
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 6th Aug 07, 21:38
Location: Belfast

Postby Radish » 28th May 08, 11:11

Not sure which is closer tbh, not a London person so I easily get lost there! The Carr-Saunders hall thing is within walking distance of the Astoria, which I'm guessing isn't that close to Sheperd's Bush but is near tubes.
Radish
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:36
Location: Oxfordish

Postby Damian » 28th May 08, 12:42

Radish wrote:Or this place - http://www.travelstay.com/pages/Carr-Sa ... affcode=RA - at £25 per night. Stayed there after the xmas gig, not great but adequate (it is student accommodation after all) and the breakfast was ok.

Given that it includes breakfast, I'd say that's a good deal if there's just one of you. For two though, it's £32 (and it's not ensuite...)
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby Radish » 28th May 08, 12:58

Damian wrote:
Radish wrote:Or this place - http://www.travelstay.com/pages/Carr-Sa ... affcode=RA - at £25 per night. Stayed there after the xmas gig, not great but adequate (it is student accommodation after all) and the breakfast was ok.

Given that it includes breakfast, I'd say that's a good deal if there's just one of you. For two though, it's £32 (and it's not ensuite...)


Good point, at most Travelodges you can shoehorn 4 into a room, the other place is single beds only.
Radish
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:36
Location: Oxfordish

Postby Damian » 28th May 08, 20:04

Aye. Select a family room and you'll easily sleep three *.

*Two of you will need to really like each other...
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: london travelodges

Postby Soundog » 31st May 08, 14:10

Damian wrote:[...]
At the time of writing there appears to be £29 rooms in Farringdon (nice easy one to get to from the tube), Docklands
[...]
This changes all the time.


Does that actually mean 'changes all the time' or 'goes up all the time'?

The Wembley Hilton has lost it's appeal due to a sliiight price increase, both travelodges are up to £49, and now I'm not sure whether I should book before it goes up further or whether I should wait and gamble on decreasing prices.

Thanks!
Soundog
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 29th Mar 07, 09:43
Location: Germany

Postby vickyp » 31st May 08, 14:23

Prices go up based on demand, so if there's lots of people suddenly booking that night then it will push the prices of the remaining rooms up.
However the price can be affected if there are lots of people just considering booking that night, because each enquiry on the website to see if rooms are available gets logged.
Basically if we all go on the site to see if there are rooms free, the hotel will get convinced there is going to be high demand and put the prices up.
So you could either wait and see if the price goes down once traffic on the website decreases, or you could buy now in case it goes up higher from here. If it was me I'd book it now so I didn't have to worry about it any more but that's just me because I'd probably forget to check back later.
Eureka Machines new single 'Everyone Loves You' - OUT NOW!
www.eurekamachines.com
vickyp
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 01:35
Location: Leeds

Postby Damian » 31st May 08, 17:29

www.travelsupermarket.com is your friend. If you want a four-star still, you can get a Ramada on the Docklands (perfectly accessible by tube after the gig) for under £60.

Otherwise, what Vicky said. If there was to be a big event at Wembley on the weekend of the gig, for instance, the prices would fly up.

While I'm on a helpful tip, in a week's time you'll be able to book the Megabus, if you live somewhere that does services to London. Book the dates when they first go on sale and you'll probably be able to get the £1 fares...
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby Soundog » 3rd Jun 08, 11:55

While you're helpful, you're very much so indeed! Thanks a lot!
I don't need a four star, but seeing as both Travelodges still are 49 quid and since I had still credits with otel.com that I could use on the Ramada, I've just booked it for 43 quid for two including breakfast - bargain. Even if we add Friday night for 60 we're still not far off the Travelodge price. Now if we can just get flights to and from London City... it'll almost be too convenient...

Immensely looking forward to September now!
Soundog
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 29th Mar 07, 09:43
Location: Germany


Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests