Our own Wildhearts/Ginger cover song thread??????

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Our own Wildhearts/Ginger cover song thread??????

Postby Jimmy79 » 9th May 08, 18:11

Thought it may be interesting if the muso's on this bored with recording facilities
would like to cover a Ginger song in whatever style or fashion they deem fit
and post it on here using send space or something

so pick and song and give it a go

good idea?
Bad idea?

just a bit of fun

I'm gonna give "monkey Zoo" a go

please dont hold it against me
Jimmy79
 
Posts: 150
Joined: 15th Oct 06, 23:53

Re: Our own Wildhearts/Ginger cover song thread??????

Postby wildsam6o » 9th May 08, 18:51

Jimmy79 wrote:Thought it may be interesting if the muso's on this bored with recording facilities
would like to cover a Ginger song in whatever style or fashion they deem fit
and post it on here using send space or something

so pick and song and give it a go

good idea?
Bad idea?

just a bit of fun

I'm gonna give "monkey Zoo" a go

please dont hold it against me


go ahead, id love to hear some covers,

i did one a few years back of vanilla radio...ill have to try and find it out haha
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby Ean » 9th May 08, 19:22

Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby antipode101 » 10th May 08, 04:22

I'd be into that for sure. Where and how would I upload the song/s?Can I post them on the board?
antipode101
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 22nd Mar 08, 04:15
Location: Melbourne. Australia

Postby Ean » 10th May 08, 05:07

You can post a link to wherever you've uploaded the songs, but you can't upload them directly to the board server.

I don't know the best place to host the files, unless someone's got some free web-space they don't mind donating?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby nuno75 » 10th May 08, 07:24

Ean wrote:Clicky :wink:


I'd still love to see that get off the ground. Handled properly, I think we could come up with a quality production. I know there are some top-notch musicians around here.
nuno75
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 15th May 07, 22:48

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 10th May 08, 13:26

you could upload them to mediafire. it's free and you don't need to sign up.

if i wasn't so busy with revision and coursework, i'd knock out an EN-style version of suckerpunch! in fact, fuck it, there's studios at uni i barely ever use, i'm pretty sure i could knock something together....
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby Sarc » 10th May 08, 13:58

spoon_of_grimbo wrote: fuck it, there's studios at uni i barely ever use, i'm pretty sure i could knock something together....


Thats because you spend more time on here than I do.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby nig1012 » 10th May 08, 15:09

Sarc wrote:
spoon_of_grimbo wrote: fuck it, there's studios at uni i barely ever use, i'm pretty sure i could knock something together....


Thats because you spend more time on here than I do.


dude i find that hard to believe :wink:
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012
 
Posts: 877
Joined: 30th Mar 06, 19:16
Location: crewe

Postby Sarc » 10th May 08, 15:10

Bugger.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 10th May 08, 16:08

Sarc wrote:
spoon_of_grimbo wrote: fuck it, there's studios at uni i barely ever use, i'm pretty sure i could knock something together....


Thats because you spend more time on here than I do.


i'm usually on here during breaks between doing coursework - coursework being the main reason i haven't used the studios in a while - it's all written and none practical this term :(
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby antipode101 » 11th May 08, 09:54

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:you could upload them to mediafire. it's free and you don't need to sign up.


I just don't want to infringe any copyrights .Do ya reckon Ginger would have a problem with anyone putting tribute songs up??I have two songs ready for anyone who's game to have a listen. :roll:
antipode101
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 22nd Mar 08, 04:15
Location: Melbourne. Australia

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 11th May 08, 13:25

as long as you're not making money out of them, i can't see how there'd be a problem. if you're worried about it, maybe use a password, and only post it on here, then its limited to those on the board.

btw, just as an aside, does anyone know of any bands who've actually covered the wildhearts on any recordings, studio or live?
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby antipode101 » 12th May 08, 13:04

Okay , heres my contribution so far. I recorded two songs. Sky chaser high and an acoustic version of regret.com(my current fave on market harbour).
Let me know your thoughts.Constructive criticism welcome...... :oops:
Hope the link works.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ixiiyxpja2d

http://www.mediafire.com/?wzzyxtf95sp
antipode101
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 22nd Mar 08, 04:15
Location: Melbourne. Australia

Postby Chris DLS » 12th May 08, 23:17

nice work. What did you use for recording and for effects (sorry for trainspotter type questions)
Chris DLS
 
Posts: 106
Joined: 22nd Oct 07, 13:09
Location: Leicester

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron