THE ONLY ONE SiNGLE OUT NOW!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Postby Loki » 3rd Aug 09, 02:23

can't download due to "geographical restrictions"... lame
Loki
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 11th Jan 07, 12:46

Postby Sarc » 3rd Aug 09, 02:24

try some of the amazon branches you might have better luck
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Loki » 3rd Aug 09, 02:32

Sarc wrote:try some of the amazon branches you might have better luck


Same deal unfortunately. This happened with The Sweetest Song and I wound up downloading it from a torrent.... *sigh* hopefully some kind soul puts it up somewhere.

Sucks when you're prepared to pay for something but can't and have to resort to dodgy bootlegs to get yer fix.
Loki
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 11th Jan 07, 12:46

Postby Ean » 3rd Aug 09, 05:13

It should be available worldwide through iTunes, although as of this moment it doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

I suppose it depends on when they update their system though.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby scully » 3rd Aug 09, 07:01

Ean wrote:It should be available worldwide through iTunes, although as of this moment it doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

I suppose it depends on when they update their system though.


Usually every Wednesday, i believe.
...and you will know me by the trail of dead...dead...dead...dead...
scully
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 29th May 07, 01:40
Location: Brisbane, AUS

Postby firedup » 3rd Aug 09, 07:01

Grrrrrrr still nothing. Anyone seen it on iTunes yet????? It's 6am , normally tracks ate out just b4 midnight. :evil:
firedup
 
Posts: 170
Joined: 27th Mar 06, 10:50
Location: Nottingham

Postby Mattie » 3rd Aug 09, 08:40

Well... it's not the most dynamic song of all time is it?
It's solid and catchy, and as with most WH material melody wins-out.

I think it'll fit in the flow of the album better than it works as a single

6.5/10
On lifeline number 9
There was nothing left to be afraid of
Moments from the bridge
Payback is a bitch
And you never know until you're falling just how far it is
Mattie
 
Posts: 220
Joined: 28th Jan 07, 22:59
Location: Derby

Postby geordierussell » 3rd Aug 09, 09:13

still not in itunes uk :evil:
geordierussell
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: 9th Mar 06, 18:59
Location: chesterfield

Postby thegweywabbit » 3rd Aug 09, 09:48

now up on amazon.com US! wanted to get it on iTunes, but it's still not up.
swinging for the fences for a hit single with this one, and good for them. hope it works!

if a comparison is needed, it's in the same vein as Green Day's "Last Of The American Girls". Scott really nailed the vocal. the main thing I noticed is that the production and sound quality are way above what we're used to on WHs recordings (in other words, sounds like a current major label release). the vocal is up front; clean, clear and intelligible. the guitars are fat and in tune. if the short samples from the rest of the album are any indication, I think that's gonna be true of the whole recording. I think they learned alot of lessons from recording the covers cd, both in terms of the economy in writing style as well as going in prepared and knowing what they want on the production end.

one thing's for sure... this is gonna be way different than any of their previous albums (and again, good for them... and all of us)! I think the new direction will serve them well.
don't know if I can stand the one month wait to get my hands on the rest of the album!
Rooting 4 THE WILDHEARTS!!!
jd
thegweywabbit
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 22nd Oct 07, 21:16

Postby vanrad » 3rd Aug 09, 09:54

Still not in itunes UK, so I resorted to Amazon, which didn't hurt that much cos I've got ordered stuff from them anyway.

The song... mmmmm only had one play so far and it's going through the second. If I'd heard this on the radio without knowing the artist, I'd just have said it's another rock / emo band... which ain't that bad a thing really. I do reckon I'd have thought must check out who this is.

It's OK but I'm not getting that excited... reckon the new album will have the riffs and the songs and this will fit nicely into an album.
vanrad
 
Posts: 226
Joined: 16th Feb 06, 14:19
Location: Falkirk FK2

Postby percy » 3rd Aug 09, 10:06

I really like it. As others have said, it's nice and solid and the production sounds brilliant. Lyrics are cool, the melody will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day - it's all good!!

I really think someone a la Chris Moyles will play this alot if they get to hear it. I'm so looking forward to the album now!

P
percy
 
Posts: 116
Joined: 24th Mar 06, 18:40

Postby Loki » 3rd Aug 09, 10:23

*Sigh* once again being stuck in Australia makes things a chore, can't get it off US Amazon either.
Loki
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 11th Jan 07, 12:46

Postby wez_wildheart » 3rd Aug 09, 11:38

still not on iTunes

wish they would get their shit together and get it up there.....not blaming the band, instead blaming Apple. surely they should have had this sorted before the release date for it to go ahead

makes me wonder if The Wildhearts are aware of this caper.....

Amazon isnt an option for me to get it on.

:evil:
wez_wildheart
 
Posts: 156
Joined: 17th Feb 06, 17:24

Postby Mattie » 3rd Aug 09, 11:54

Not meaning to rub it in...

i've given it the 'on headphones whilst at work' treatment and you'll be pleased to know I've upgraded it from 6.5 - 7.5/10.

The production might have hidden the riffage a bit. We're used to the vocals being lower in the mix, it's what we've become accustomed to. We've already figured out the lyrics (which usually takes a LOT longer!) so it's like we're almost hearing it in reverse!
On lifeline number 9
There was nothing left to be afraid of
Moments from the bridge
Payback is a bitch
And you never know until you're falling just how far it is
Mattie
 
Posts: 220
Joined: 28th Jan 07, 22:59
Location: Derby

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 3rd Aug 09, 12:25

if people in far-flung places are having trouble, why not get someone who CAN get the song to download (and pay) for it twice, and then get them to email you the song, and pay them via post or paypal? that way, you get the song guilt-free, and the band gets the cash for both downloads.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests