THE ONLY ONE SiNGLE OUT NOW!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Postby Assmask » 2nd Aug 09, 22:25

oh yeah, tick tock tick tock
Assmask
 
Posts: 571
Joined: 30th Mar 06, 12:22
Location: Belfast

Postby melx » 2nd Aug 09, 23:22

I must say I'm not exactly loving the single covers these days.....

Image
Image

:lol:
melx
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 8th Jul 09, 17:19
Location: Resident of the United Kingdom

Postby Soundog » 3rd Aug 09, 01:01

By the way, it's already been available a few minutes ago on amazon.de, so I expect it has been for an hour or so. Listening now... very poppy, but nice!

http://tinyurl.com/WHOnly
Soundog
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 29th Mar 07, 09:43
Location: Germany

Postby my3dtvtan » 3rd Aug 09, 01:06

Not on iTunes uk yet........
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

"School aint shit, I read it in a book"
my3dtvtan
 
Posts: 287
Joined: 8th Nov 06, 11:48
Location: Widnes, Cheshire

Postby vickyp » 3rd Aug 09, 01:10

Just bought and downloaded from Amazon :D
Eureka Machines new single 'Everyone Loves You' - OUT NOW!
www.eurekamachines.com
vickyp
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 01:35
Location: Leeds

Postby Jimmy79 » 3rd Aug 09, 01:14

just got it off Amazon

I love it !
Image
Jimmy79
 
Posts: 150
Joined: 15th Oct 06, 23:53

Postby Mattie » 3rd Aug 09, 01:14

V0 = gooood
On lifeline number 9
There was nothing left to be afraid of
Moments from the bridge
Payback is a bitch
And you never know until you're falling just how far it is
Mattie
 
Posts: 220
Joined: 28th Jan 07, 22:59
Location: Derby

Postby melx » 3rd Aug 09, 01:15

me too, it's on UK amazon since midnight!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Only-One/dp ... 860&sr=8-1

just downloaded it, I gotta say it's kinda odd not hearing ginger singing, it's almost like listening to another band.
melx
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 8th Jul 09, 17:19
Location: Resident of the United Kingdom

Postby Soundog » 3rd Aug 09, 01:17

I'll be honest - if I hadn't heard the samples and known that there will be riffery, I would be seriously worried now.

As far as I'm concerned, this single release is as close to selling out as the WHs have ever got, BUT it's still a good song (just not very different to most US pop punk), and if it works and gets them recognition I'll be a very happy bunny!

The album will have plenty to feast any fan's ears on anyway, so why not have a lucky shot at the airwaves.
Soundog
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 29th Mar 07, 09:43
Location: Germany

Postby Assmask » 3rd Aug 09, 01:26

Yeah, I like it.

It's certainly different but that's good - no point in trying to do another eponymous or Earth Vs.

Very heavy pop. I really hope it gets some airplay, I think the BBC have still got a WH embargo though.

Still not 100% sure about Scott's vox - however Carmelita really grew on me so I expect I'll get used to them. WH just doesn't seem WH without Ginger's disagreeable rasp (which is just perfect, I should point out).

In all, I'm happy. Can't wait for the end of this month. Which is daft as I have a holiday, a wedding, and three gigs to get through (sorry a bit off topic there...)
Assmask
 
Posts: 571
Joined: 30th Mar 06, 12:22
Location: Belfast

Postby melx » 3rd Aug 09, 01:33

Assmask wrote:Still not 100% sure about Scott's vox - however Carmelita really grew on me so I expect I'll get used to them. WH just doesn't seem WH without Ginger's disagreeable rasp (which is just perfect, I should point out).

In all, I'm happy. Can't wait for the end of this month. Which is daft as I have a holiday, a wedding, and three gigs to get through (sorry a bit off topic there...)


yeah, I'm not 100% convinced with Scott's vocals on this.... when I first heard the sorry and the sinatra's album I thought 'Bejeeba's this guys got an amazing voice' .... if I didn't know it was scott singing on this I wouldn't have guessed.
melx
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 8th Jul 09, 17:19
Location: Resident of the United Kingdom

Postby my3dtvtan » 3rd Aug 09, 01:35

Dont quite know why but I REALLY love it. :shock:

Not just as a 'I automatically like anything Wildhearts' mark, but just as a lover of music.

Its an incredible song wether it was The Wildhearts or not and the fact that it is them makes the whole situation 100x more sweet :D

Love the "Bygons are Bygones" hook. Cant get over this song. Exeeds my expectations to say the least.
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

"School aint shit, I read it in a book"
my3dtvtan
 
Posts: 287
Joined: 8th Nov 06, 11:48
Location: Widnes, Cheshire

Postby my3dtvtan » 3rd Aug 09, 01:45

I love that I have it on repeat on my iTunes and the last line is "So lets just start all over again" :lol:
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

"School aint shit, I read it in a book"
my3dtvtan
 
Posts: 287
Joined: 8th Nov 06, 11:48
Location: Widnes, Cheshire

Postby wez_wildheart » 3rd Aug 09, 01:50

Still not up on iTunes yet...

Mind u I'm going by my iPhone as laptop is officially buggered.looks like a wait til the morning.
wez_wildheart
 
Posts: 156
Joined: 17th Feb 06, 17:24

Postby Chris Davies » 3rd Aug 09, 02:18

Kinda mixed feelings about 'The Only One', First listen I gotta admit I was shocked, I couldn't believe it was The Wildhearts, after repeated listens I do think it's a pretty good song, nice catchy pop song, nothing more though really.

I do expect the rest of the album to be killer.
Chris Davies
 
Posts: 480
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:12
Location: Swansea

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests