GiNGER TO PLAY GUiLFEST + BiRMiNGHAM WARM-UP DATE

Albums, singles, songs and general Ginger banter

Postby vickyp » 18th Jun 09, 19:23

neil wrote:
vickyp wrote: Are the Asylum not promoting it themselves though?

If it weren't for the Sorry and the Sinatras / Eureka Machines gig there last year, I wouldn't even know the venue existed, and I live within a 30 minute walk of it!


It amazes me how little promotion people do sometimes, when it doesn't take that much effort to reach people who really want to know about the thing you're promoting.
...and on the flip side of that I've just had 2 really long e-mails from a venue I very rarely go to in a city I don't even live in.

If I get time later I'll have a look at putting a web flyer together. Shall I take it that S&tS aren't playing anymore?
Eureka Machines new single 'Everyone Loves You' - OUT NOW!
www.eurekamachines.com
vickyp
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 01:35
Location: Leeds

Postby neil » 18th Jun 09, 23:32

vickyp wrote: Shall I take it that S&tS aren't playing anymore?


There's not been official confirmation, but I would yeah. Between not being on the Facebook page, on the Guilfest line up anymore, and the Underworld date that disappeared as quickly as it was announced, it looks like another UK trip buggered for them.
neil
 
Posts: 79
Joined: 19th Feb 06, 01:24
Location: Birmingham

Postby Ean » 19th Jun 09, 18:56

From Twitter:

@scottsorry Are you still supporting Ginger at the Birmingham show on 9 July?

scottsorry No, we couldn't get enough dates to make it work so we're putting together a longer tour later in the year. We'll get there soon!
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby vickyp » 20th Jun 09, 00:38

Here's a quick flyer I've put together. Am sure I can do better but I'm knackered right now. Will try to improve on this later when I have more time. Also does anyone know when the gig at the Asylum starts? Couldn't find a door time to add to it.
Image
Eureka Machines new single 'Everyone Loves You' - OUT NOW!
www.eurekamachines.com
vickyp
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 01:35
Location: Leeds

Postby Nickinvincible » 20th Jun 09, 02:13

Ean wrote:From Twitter:

@scottsorry Are you still supporting Ginger at the Birmingham show on 9 July?

scottsorry No, we couldn't get enough dates to make it work so we're putting together a longer tour later in the year. We'll get there soon!


What an incisive piece of Twitter interrogation that was...What genius could have crafted such a newsworthy tweet???? :D
Nickinvincible
 
Posts: 217
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 15:08
Location: London

Postby Ean » 20th Jun 09, 10:37

vickyp wrote:Here's a quick flyer I've put together. Am sure I can do better but I'm knackered right now. Will try to improve on this later when I have more time. Also does anyone know when the gig at the Asylum starts? Couldn't find a door time to add to it.
Image

I like it. :) The only thing I might suggest, is that you make the Birmingham Asylum at the top bigger (maybe drop the Vix star down a bit so you can have the writing all the way across?) and the Guilfest at the bottom a bit smaller as it draws the eye from the actual venue.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby Ean » 20th Jun 09, 10:38

Nickinvincible wrote:
Ean wrote:From Twitter:

@scottsorry Are you still supporting Ginger at the Birmingham show on 9 July?

scottsorry No, we couldn't get enough dates to make it work so we're putting together a longer tour later in the year. We'll get there soon!


What an incisive piece of Twitter interrogation that was...What genius could have crafted such a newsworthy tweet???? :D

Don't know, some bloke called Nick I think. But it's OK, he's not on here, so I'm pretty safe to nick it. :P
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby Cwej » 4th Jul 09, 21:22

iirc early news said it was going to be an early start , maybe put 6:30 doors with a big TBC ?
don't gimme your manson lamps
Cwej
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 15th Feb 06, 02:46

Postby Ean » 9th Jul 09, 02:06

Cwej wrote:iirc early news said it was going to be an early start , maybe put 6:30 doors with a big TBC ?

Doors are 7PM :D

See everybody there! :)
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby Damian » 9th Jul 09, 08:48

Ean wrote:
Cwej wrote:iirc early news said it was going to be an early start , maybe put 6:30 doors with a big TBC ?

Doors are 7PM :D

See everybody there! :)

Well, you won't see me there but I hope to see some of you at Guilfest... if anyone's going for the weekend, pack the wet weather gear for Saturday, it's going to be a monsoon...
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby Nickinvincible » 9th Jul 09, 09:24

Ean wrote:
Cwej wrote:iirc early news said it was going to be an early start , maybe put 6:30 doors with a big TBC ?

Doors are 7PM :D

See everybody there! :)


Oh are you going? Cool - see you there then!
Nickinvincible
 
Posts: 217
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 15:08
Location: London

Postby Ean » 9th Jul 09, 10:44

Aye. It's only up the road, relatively speaking, so it'd be rude not to. :D
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby vickyp » 9th Jul 09, 19:33

Am very jealous of all you lucky people tonight! Hope you all have fun and don't forget to buy Nick a birthday pint.

(Incidentally I didn't think it was worth putting the doors time on the poster because until Ean posted I'd heard 3 different times ranging from 6.30pm to 10pm! Anyway, too late to change it now...)
Eureka Machines new single 'Everyone Loves You' - OUT NOW!
www.eurekamachines.com
vickyp
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 01:35
Location: Leeds

Postby Damian » 10th Jul 09, 10:14

How was last night?

Will let you know how tonight's Guilfest performance went on Sunday.
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby kitescreech » 10th Jul 09, 11:39

Nice venue (never been before). Nice to see Bexx back with Vix (temporarily). Tragedy were very well received, I enjoyed them as much as last time. And Ginger was awsome, in fine form. My mate b0ought hima beer (on stage) and got him to sing "Thats what I want". We had a guy (?Lard?) read out a poem which Ginger seemed touched by (we all were). Only knock was it ran late; we had to leave at 23:30 as our parking ticket was seriously expired, they had just gone into "Drinking in the Daytime". Set to then was all solo stuff; what I can remember songs played were (in no order) "Man who cheated Death" "This is Only a Problem" "10 Flaws Down" "Thats what I want" "Mother City" "Yeah Yeah Yeah" "When she Comes" "Black Windows".
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech
 
Posts: 330
Joined: 27th Mar 06, 23:40
Location: Kidderminster

PreviousNext

Return to Ginger Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 108 guests

cron