Lots Of Wildhearts In Today's Kerrang! (18th June) 5K Review

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Lots Of Wildhearts In Today's Kerrang! (18th June) 5K Review

Postby burgerrock » 18th Jun 08, 14:43

Lots of Wildhearts stuff in kerrang today including..

a pic on the contents pages, a live donington pic, a signing tent pic, a 5K live review of their performance at download. also a full page 'Album treasure chest' feature on Ginger and and a 1/4 page ad for the Earth vs gig!!

seems everyone loves the wildhearts again :)
burgerrock
 
Posts: 204
Joined: 1st Nov 06, 20:07

Postby Keith Richard » 18th Jun 08, 15:00

Wildhearts are becoming trendy?????? (again). Could someone do the honours and scan the stuff in here for those who dont have a WH Smith's to use as a library.

Cheers.
"Some Days Just Fucking Suck"
Keith Richard
 
Posts: 746
Joined: 13th Feb 06, 18:44
Location: Singapore

Postby vanrad » 18th Jun 08, 16:31

The cream will always rise to the top. Looks like Download was very successful for the boys!! Might have to go next year for their headlining slot.
vanrad
 
Posts: 226
Joined: 16th Feb 06, 14:19
Location: Falkirk FK2

Postby Ean » 18th Jun 08, 19:13

ImageImage

Image

Image

Image

Doesn't Ginger look young without the face fungus?

I can't believe how much Kerrang! obviously hates the Wildhearts... bastards!! :roll:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby my3dtvtan » 18th Jun 08, 20:23

Oi! I go out for one day an someone nicks me Kerrang!-scanning-in-for-all-those-too-cheap/ashamed-to-buy-it-themselves job! :wink:

Stll, I was pretty surprised and chuffed with the coverage this week

Quotes included erm... include -

- A pic of Ginger with "The life and times of a true musical genius"

- "its THE WILDHEARTS (KKKKK) that play the set of the weekend"

Right on!

And some exposure for (the exellent) all but forgotten Supershit 666 ep!

Oh an, is it just me or is Ginger slowly using a time machine on a mission to look exactly the same as he did in 1993 just in time for the Earth Vs gig...
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

"School aint shit, I read it in a book"
my3dtvtan
 
Posts: 287
Joined: 8th Nov 06, 11:48
Location: Widnes, Cheshire

Postby vanrad » 18th Jun 08, 20:25

I think the last time The Wildhearts had that much Kerrang was in 1994 or 1995. Cheers to Ean for putting it up... saves me a trip to Asda to read it at their library!
vanrad
 
Posts: 226
Joined: 16th Feb 06, 14:19
Location: Falkirk FK2

Postby Ean » 18th Jun 08, 20:31

my3dtvtan wrote:Oi! I go out for one day an someone nicks me Kerrang!-scanning-in-for-all-those-too-cheap/ashamed-to-buy-it-themselves job! :wink:

I had to go in anyway for my copy of Red Hot Grannys Monthly - I tucked Kerrang! between the pages so I wouldn't be seen with it. :coat:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby Sarc » 18th Jun 08, 22:02

A clean cut Ginge with longer hair? me think he's taking the 15th anniversary incredibly seriously and trying to look fiftten years younger aswell and by golly it works I tell ya.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Andy » 18th Jun 08, 22:28

vanrad wrote:The cream will always rise to the top. Looks like Download was very successful for the boys!! Might have to go next year for their headlining slot.


Yes it would be great if they return next year. However the following quote from the Download Message Board doesn't give much hope.

I spoke to Ginger and CJ afterwards, and they're not expecting an invite back.

It wasn't down to the bottles or the panel getting lifted, it was time constraints. The panel was only known about afterwards.

15 years and they keep getting better...
Andy
 
Posts: 350
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 23:26
Location: Middlesbrough

Postby Sarc » 18th Jun 08, 23:11

Andy wrote:

It wasn't down to the bottles or the panel getting lifted, it was time constraints. The panel was only known about afterwards.



Panel? what panel getting lifted? has the sun knackered my brain again?
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Robdj » 18th Jun 08, 23:26

Sarc wrote:
Andy wrote:

It wasn't down to the bottles or the panel getting lifted, it was time constraints. The panel was only known about afterwards.



Panel? what panel getting lifted? has the sun knackered my brain again?


Just before 29x when Ginger said throw your girlfriends and everythingnot bolted down etc. In the pit people started pulling up the panel/guards that went over the top of the cables that ran through to the stage.

I'm pretty sure that's why the set was cut - security people would have seen that and for safety stopped it - the cables were coming out a bit and if people then started yanking at those it would have been dangerous.
Robdj
 
Posts: 98
Joined: 15th Apr 07, 21:17
Location: Nottingham

Postby Evrlone » 18th Jun 08, 23:40

Thanks for posting the scan. Kerrang! is getting harder and harder to find in the US. Cheers.
Evrlone
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 5th Apr 08, 18:35
Location: New York

Postby Ean » 18th Jun 08, 23:50

Sarc wrote:
Andy wrote:

It wasn't down to the bottles or the panel getting lifted, it was time constraints. The panel was only known about afterwards.



Panel? what panel getting lifted? has the sun knackered my brain again?


This one...

Image

I'd love to meet the person who could have pulled on that cable and unplugged it. Cable runs - even fairly short ones - are bloody heavy.

Anyhoo, who cares what the reason was? The conjecture just adds to it. The main thing is that nobody's ever going to forget the WH having the plug pulled at Download - Another entry on the list of glorious legends.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby Damian » 19th Jun 08, 01:16

"Music written in the key of life"?

That's just perfect. Let's all praise Kerrang! for once.
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby markE » 19th Jun 08, 11:16

oh, do we really have to?

okay then - nice articles kerrang.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE
 
Posts: 764
Joined: 18th May 06, 13:53

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests