Wildhearts merch??

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Wildhearts merch??

Postby Monica_ICE » 17th Jun 08, 01:49

As rock fans, what kind of merchandise would you like to see The Wildhearts sell? Bands usually sell T-shirts, sweatshirts, and, nowadays, hoodies; is that good enough for you, or are there other types of items you'd like to see/buy? (I remember when bands in the late '80s would sell patches and pins, among other things). If The Wildhearts offered different T-shirt designs, would you want to buy all of them, some of them, or would it depend on if you liked the design? Based on former posts, let's assume the T-shirt/garment itself is of high or good quality, not tea cozies. Input?
Monica_ICE
 

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 17th Jun 08, 02:49

a smileybones-shaped hot air balloon. full-size. oh, and make it glow-in-the-dark.


and is it just me, or are at least half of your posts in the form of questionnaire/survey type things?
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby Monica_ICE » 17th Jun 08, 04:51

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:and is it just me, or are at least half of your posts in the form of questionnaire/survey type things?


Is that a problem? Technically, no, they aren't. Check the Cloakroom's "American-British cultural differences" thread. Those aren't questions. :wink: No, I have regular posts, too. Maybe my questions just stand out.
Monica_ICE
 

Postby Keith Richard » 17th Jun 08, 06:46

Why do you ask? This question has been asked a gazillion times before.
"Some Days Just Fucking Suck"
Keith Richard
 
Posts: 746
Joined: 13th Feb 06, 18:44
Location: Singapore

Postby nuno75 » 17th Jun 08, 10:10

I've been a long-time fitted cap junkie... the backwards baseball cap with no hole. I'd love to get my hands on a Wildhearts one. I've often thought about getting a batch custom made.
nuno75
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 15th May 07, 22:48

Postby wildsam6o » 17th Jun 08, 11:21

personally id like to see some of the old t-shirt designs printed again, im talking there rare stuff.........
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 17th Jun 08, 13:00

Monica_ICE wrote:
spoon_of_grimbo wrote:and is it just me, or are at least half of your posts in the form of questionnaire/survey type things?


Is that a problem? Technically, no, they aren't. Check the Cloakroom's "American-British cultural differences" thread. Those aren't questions. :wink: No, I have regular posts, too. Maybe my questions just stand out.



nah, it's no problem, was just curious - some of them came accross like you were working for a marketing company or something, but i'm not bothered lol.

and i'm deadly serious about the hot air balloon btw :)
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby Rancidpunk_76 » 17th Jun 08, 13:28

To be honest, it's not the quantity of different forms of merch that interests me - it's the quality. For too long i've attended gigs where it's all just the same old black t-shirts with white logos.

One of the other boardies did some great designs recently, different coloured shirts, interesting and eye catching graphics. I say quality of quantity.

Oh, before i forget! I bought a couple of t-shirts from sorryclothing.com and for those who were interested - the blokes t-shirts are "fitted" and very cool.
Rancidpunk_76
 
Posts: 132
Joined: 24th Apr 07, 15:45

Postby burgerrock » 17th Jun 08, 13:34

Rancidpunk_76 wrote:
Oh, before i forget! I bought a couple of t-shirts from sorryclothing.com and for those who were interested - the blokes t-shirts are "fitted" and very cool.


i bought a tee from sorry clothing and the quality is mint. nice sleev eprints labels etc.. well worth checking out if you like well fitted and cool tees
burgerrock
 
Posts: 204
Joined: 1st Nov 06, 20:07

Postby Yayhoo » 17th Jun 08, 16:11

And the winner for the "Best idea for the band" category goes to spoon_of_grimbo.

Iron Maiden have their own aeroplane but the Wildhearts should have their very own Smileybones hot air balloon!

And they should use it for the next video.
The "I wanna go" video had them on the back of a truck. Excellent video but it has been done before (among others there was Status Quo's The Wanderer and I think the first to do it may have been AC/DC with It's A Long Way To The Top).

Nobody though (to my knowledge anyway) has done one in a balloon!

Just get all the band in the balloon. Oh and a balloon-pilot-type-person as well (very important that they have one I reckon!) and the camera crew in another balloon filming em.

Would make a great vid.

And before anyone says "But that'd be too expensive and the band can't afford one....",
they could make their money back by doing Wildhearts balloon flights. I mean, come on, we'd all want a go in it!

You know it makes sense! :D
Yayhoo
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 22nd Sep 07, 18:57
Location: Manchester

Postby vickyp » 17th Jun 08, 19:26

Yayhoo wrote:they could make their money back by doing Wildhearts balloon flights. I mean, come on, we'd all want a go in it!


Hell yes! Do this!

I'd like to see them do something unusual and more 'them' than the generic merch that every other band does. It's starting to leave a bad taste in the mouth seeing all these AC/DC flip flops, green day coasters and Ramones alarm clocks. It's all a bit Kiss-coffin-esque.
Is there anything Ramones-like about getting up early in the morning? Would Green Day use coasters? Would you go and watch AC/DC in flip flops?

I've got my little pewter badge and I love that to bits. Tony's got his beanie hat and I think that gets plenty of use. I've also got my new belt buckle and that's pretty awesome - maybe they should be more available over here? As far as I know it's only on sale on the Gearhead US website.
The Backyard Babies converse boots were pretty cool, I'd still love a pair of them.
Maybe a range of Guitar Hero controllers in the style of Ginger and CJ's sticker covered Gibsons? Or the Smiley Bones guitar, wherever that ended up.
Eureka Machines new single 'Everyone Loves You' - OUT NOW!
www.eurekamachines.com
vickyp
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 01:35
Location: Leeds

Postby TonyS » 24th Jun 08, 15:54

vickyp wrote:Tony's got his beanie hat and I think that gets plenty of use.


I bought it at a WH gig at Sheffield Octagon in 1996 I think and its now quite old and smelly. Every tour I hope for a new range of head apparel, but it never seems to happen.
TonyS
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 30th May 08, 15:46

Postby vickyp » 24th Jun 08, 19:01

TonyS wrote:
vickyp wrote:Tony's got his beanie hat and I think that gets plenty of use.


I bought it at a WH gig at Sheffield Octagon in 1996 I think and its now quite old and smelly. Every tour I hope for a new range of head apparel, but it never seems to happen.


You're such a lurker :P
I was at that gig and I didn't see no stiiinkin' hats!!
Eureka Machines new single 'Everyone Loves You' - OUT NOW!
www.eurekamachines.com
vickyp
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 01:35
Location: Leeds

Postby TonyS » 25th Jun 08, 12:08

Yes, well you live in Leeds so aren't really in a position to be calling people names now are you Victoria :wink:

I think I bought the only smiley bones hat ever made
TonyS
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 30th May 08, 15:46

Postby vickyp » 25th Jun 08, 20:21

TonyS wrote:Yes, well you live in Leeds so aren't really in a position to be calling people names now are you Victoria :wink:

I think I bought the only smiley bones hat ever made


Don't make me come over there!

I think that hat was CJ's. His mum did that embroidery specially for him. You stole his hat so he caught a head cold, that's why he wasn't at that gig. Nothing to do with him being out of the band at the time, it was in fact ALL YOUR FAULT.
Eureka Machines new single 'Everyone Loves You' - OUT NOW!
www.eurekamachines.com
vickyp
 
Posts: 662
Joined: 10th Jun 06, 01:35
Location: Leeds

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests

cron