In the spirit of Versing The Earth...

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

In the spirit of Versing The Earth...

Postby VladDracii » 25th May 08, 14:22

What do you recon is the single greatest moment on the album? I don't mean songs, I mean samples of snippetts of few seconds of the album...

My question, so I go first...

By no means my favourite song but 2:37-2:44 through 'Miles away girl' when you hear the harmonized power chords come in, gets me every fucking time...
"...I said Plum!"
VladDracii
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 23rd Apr 08, 19:13
Location: Eastbourne

Postby kriscoverdale » 25th May 08, 16:45

"Day tripper... prick teaser, yeah..."
kriscoverdale
 
Posts: 278
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 13:48

Postby Chris Norway » 25th May 08, 18:05

"nearly did appear as the asshole of the year
and then she strikes...
and now I'm back, the guy I've been, before the idiot sat in"
Chris Norway
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 4th May 06, 00:12

Postby Sarc » 25th May 08, 20:20

either the end of Luv U Til I Don't which has to be the best song to finish on by miles or the bit in Loveshit just before the last chorus where you can here people talking and Ginger says something along the lines of "I bet the chorus comes now!"
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 26th May 08, 03:39

Chris Norway wrote:"nearly did appear as the asshole of the year
and then she strikes...
and now I'm back, the guy I've been, before the idiot sat in"


it's between THAT^ and the badass riffy bit at 1:50 to 2:02 in Shame On Me.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby Bulb » 26th May 08, 11:41

The end of Everlone, just after the vocals finish. Surely the soundtrack to armageddon (not the movie)! I seriously can't control my head when that last riff kicks in, which is bad news when I'm stuck in heavy traffic. And it's a fuckin blast to crank out on the geetar.
Bulb
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 28th Feb 06, 07:31
Location: Australia

Postby Velvet Presley » 26th May 08, 15:38

I like when the bass hits on Shame on Me and the little hang directly afterwards - brilliant. Timing, for best effect, 0:00-0:12.
Velvet Presley
 
Posts: 214
Joined: 2nd May 07, 12:00
Location: Edinburgh via Newcastle

Postby Pauly » 26th May 08, 16:19

The start of 'love you till I don't'...

Duh duh duh duh..

tss tss tss

*bandkicksin*

Fcukin great 8)
Psychotronic Love Commando
Pauly
 
Posts: 151
Joined: 27th Mar 08, 12:48
Location: Edinburgh

Postby Soundog » 26th May 08, 16:35

The "Now honey please" part from Love U comes to mind, but of course there are countless great moments on there...
Soundog
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 29th Mar 07, 09:43
Location: Germany

Postby chorleydave » 28th May 08, 13:34

for me it's gotta be in Suckerpunch - the "1, 2, 1, 2 ,3, 4" bit and riffs which follow, as well as the bridgey singing bit before it heads back into the final verse
chorleydave
 
Posts: 26
Joined: 22nd Feb 06, 18:07

Postby my3dtvtan » 28th May 08, 15:02

"Why is it I cant keep you far enough awaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyooooohhhhhhha!"

"Head! Fuck! Me!"

"Maby your the angel I knew you could be
Well that must be the reason you bring out the devil in me"

"LONDON"

"1-2-3-4!"

"hippocrites and cheaters!"

"ah-ho, oh my"

I could go on and on and o......... :D
Interviewer - "So whats the secret of your longevity?"
Ginger - "Splitting up!"

"Bernard, its hot in the worm."

"School aint shit, I read it in a book"
my3dtvtan
 
Posts: 287
Joined: 8th Nov 06, 11:48
Location: Widnes, Cheshire

Postby wildsam6o » 28th May 08, 19:26

waiting at the station for the....same old traaaaaain
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby Ross » 29th May 08, 17:33

Velvet Presley wrote:I like when the bass hits on Shame on Me and the little hang directly afterwards - brilliant. Timing, for best effect, 0:00-0:12.


Me too! :twisted:
Image
Ross
 
Posts: 407
Joined: 1st Mar 06, 17:28
Location: Leicester UK

Postby Jeeze » 30th May 08, 09:48

Ahoy there

Ahh, so many good bits on Earth vs and impossible to single any one piece out so I'll go with the nice little bridge chord section in News Of The World...

we changed, we didn't even try
we opened up our mouths for telling all those lies to ourselves
Jeeze
 
Posts: 46
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 15:34
Location: Birmingham, England

Postby colzo666 » 30th May 08, 12:53

The opening riff to Loveshit
Too sweet, too strong
colzo666
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 6th Aug 07, 21:38
Location: Belfast

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests