FiRST NEW TRACK UP ON WH MYSPACE - UNDERSTANDiNG JANE

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Postby geordierussell » 21st Apr 08, 17:42

Col wrote:
spoon_of_grimbo wrote:never heard of this band or song before,

fuckin hell, i feel old now :D


you feel old. I've got the original 7" single complete with poster. I even remember where I bought it..Hitsville USA in Old Eldon Square, Newcastle.
geordierussell
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: 9th Mar 06, 18:59
Location: chesterfield

Postby Jimmy79 » 21st Apr 08, 19:04

meh :?

its fun and all
and the track sounds great...............
BUT
I just cant get excited about a cover song
I get into bands because I like their views or their attitude and their creative style
but that can't be said when its a cover song

HOWEVER!!!! (before I'm slung to the floor and shat upon)
I really do like the song and will now go and check out some of THEIR oringinal material

which is whole idea I guess anyway
Jimmy79
 
Posts: 150
Joined: 15th Oct 06, 23:53

Postby skychaserhigh » 21st Apr 08, 19:28

Jimmy79 wrote:meh :?

its fun and all
and the track sounds great...............
BUT
I just cant get excited about a cover song
I get into bands because I like their views or their attitude and their creative style
but that can't be said when its a cover song

HOWEVER!!!! (before I'm slung to the floor and shat upon)
I really do like the song and will now go and check out some of THEIR oringinal material

which is whole idea I guess anyway


You got lucky there jimmy lad i was just about to unleash a great big shat upon you when you redeemed yourself in fine fashion.. :lol:
I Wanna take this knife and jam it right through your heart
I Wanna tear your fucking world apart !!!
skychaserhigh
 
Posts: 687
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 20:59
Location: Cardiff

Postby Jimmy79 » 21st Apr 08, 19:32

PHEW!

I thankyou for that S.C.H
I wearing a white tshirt.....that would of been hell to get out
Jimmy79
 
Posts: 150
Joined: 15th Oct 06, 23:53

Postby Sarc » 21st Apr 08, 19:38

Jimmy79 wrote:PHEW!

I thankyou for that S.C.H
I wearing a white tshirt.....that would of been hell to get out


Get some Cillit Bang on it, that should do the trick.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby skychaserhigh » 21st Apr 08, 19:40

Jimmy79 wrote:PHEW!

I thankyou for that S.C.H
I wearing a white tshirt.....that would of been hell to get out


Could da gone with the tye-dye look..........Then again :?
I Wanna take this knife and jam it right through your heart
I Wanna tear your fucking world apart !!!
skychaserhigh
 
Posts: 687
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 20:59
Location: Cardiff

Postby wildsam6o » 21st Apr 08, 20:22

if no one has heard the original, you can here it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZje_pgjbSY
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby Col » 21st Apr 08, 20:27

The band will preview a new track on their myspace www.myspace.com/thewildhearts every Monday, starting on April 21st 2008.
Col
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: 12th Feb 06, 17:28

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 21st Apr 08, 20:48

wildsam6o wrote:if no one has heard the original, you can here it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZje_pgjbSY



definitely prefer the wildhearts' version. that guy has a well annoying voice.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby SiN1758 » 21st Apr 08, 20:56

Wow. Liking the track a lot. Is it me or does the band sound just that little bit fresher? A bit more energetic?

Or is it my mind playing tricks on me?
SiN1758
 
Posts: 171
Joined: 18th Apr 07, 14:38
Location: Herts

Postby SteveP » 21st Apr 08, 21:02

geordierussell wrote:you feel old. I've got the original 7" single complete with poster. I even remember where I bought it..Hitsville USA in Old Eldon Square, Newcastle.


ARGHHH, that just reminded me of school.
On non PE days it was a status symbol to carry your school books around in a carrier bag, folded over with your thumb through the carrry holes and the rest of your hand cupping the bottom of the bag.

Individuality was attained by having a carrier that no-one else had. One of the lads in our class had a Hitsville USA carrier, I had a Pet Sounds one (which IMO was a way cooler shop!!! :lol: )
Wise UP.....Wise Out

Professional dwarf arsehole
SteveP
 
Posts: 654
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 16:34
Location: Chester le St.

Postby Ean » 21st Apr 08, 21:52

It's got the thumbs up from the man himself too...

Image

Image
Last edited by Ean on 23rd Apr 08, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby Col » 21st Apr 08, 22:03

SteveP wrote:Individuality was attained by having a carrier that no-one else had. One of the lads in our class had a Hitsville USA carrier, I had a Pet Sounds one (which IMO was a way cooler shop!!! :lol: )

More like Netto or Aldi you lying get.
Col
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: 12th Feb 06, 17:28

Postby sparky » 21st Apr 08, 22:04

Oh yeah that hits the spot :D
the boys are on form 8)
Gonna be someone, I'm a smoking gun, I'm the lightning striking
Image
sparky
 
Posts: 231
Joined: 3rd Mar 07, 21:18
Location: Göteborg, Sweden

Postby nuno75 » 21st Apr 08, 23:19

I'm pretty happy with that.
nuno75
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 15th May 07, 22:48

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests