Page 1 of 1

The Loved Ones

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 14:08
by markE
just found this myspace via the gaslight anthem page and i like what i am hearing. reminds me of early ish soul asylum.

www.myspace.com/thelovedones

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 14:10
by Sarc
SOLD LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER. I like that, I like that a lot. Ean will love it to I gaurantee it.

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 15:18
by Ean
Hah! I'll have you know that you're... right.

Dammit! :?

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 17:06
by Mattie
Their newer album is pretty good, it's on my mp3 player so may give it a listen now I've been reminded of it. It's got a few similarities to SATS I guess (now I've listeend... not really!) but less aggressive.

They have older albums but I never heard them - I listened to the 3rd (I think) when some ex-members of The Explosion joined them.

The Explosion were also pretty damned good, especially the album Flash Flash Flash. After that their next album (Black tape) was a bit more mainstream but still good, with songs featuring on various computer games at the time (such as a Burnouut game)

They then disbanded and their next album never got a proper release

PostPosted: 27th Jul 09, 18:50
by richjones
Gotta agree with you on The Loved Ones and Explosion tip. The Loved Ones albums are both fantastic and then new'ish EP 'Distractions' is great too.

The Explosions 3rd record is really good.. somewhere between Black Tape and Flash Flash Flash (my fave). A little bit of digging around on the internet might land you a download link. That's how I got my copy....