Page 1 of 3

(warning spoilers!) Chutzpah! clips of all songs

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 18:47
by Jimmy79
hope this cool to post as it is on amazon

http://www.amazon.de/Chutzpah/dp/B002K2 ... m_ap_alb15

this sounds foooooking incredible

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 19:01
by my3dtvtan
:shock:

Im in love.

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 19:17
by Mattie
I think it'll take a few spins before I recognise it as a Wildhearts album, which isn't to say it doesn't sound good but I can definately hear already how it might have some wider appeal!

Then again I've NEVER pre-judged an album based on 30-second soundclips, even when I have an album I really like if I was to go back to the clips that just pick out a chorus line I'd probably think it sounded average at best.

Thanks for the link 8)

Might make some notes and edit them into this post. Might not.

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 19:34
by Sam
Interesting!

It's got a very slick, modern production sound reminiscent of some of the emo-ish bands around. The last track even has a bit of vocoder/autotune going on! The songs sound great though; melodic and anthemic with some beefy riffage. Based on an incomplete listen I'd say this album is going to be a divisive one. It'll definitely bring in some new younger fans but some of the Wildhearts die-hards might struggle to get on board with the modern-ness of it all. We shall see... I'm very excited to hear this properly - roll on 31st!

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 19:37
by g_buzzard
HOLY SHITTING CHRIST!!!!!!!! I'm sweating like Josef Fritzel on MTV Cribs in antisipation for this now!!! Sounds absolutely awesome!!!

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 19:49
by nuno75
Most of it sounded generally good to me, with a couple of especially high points and a couple of especially low points. Naturally I'll reserve judgment until I hear it whole, though.

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 20:17
by Sarc
g_buzzard wrote:HOLY SHITTING CHRIST!!!!!!!! I'm sweating like Josef Fritzel on MTV Cribs in antisipation for this now!!! Sounds absolutely awesome!!!


This has to be the best statement I have ever heard

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 21:59
by geordierussell
Holy shitting christ.

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 22:12
by DangerousBeans
Sam wrote:Interesting!

It's got a very slick, modern production sound reminiscent of some of the emo-ish bands around. The last track even has a bit of vocoder/autotune going on! The songs sound great though; melodic and anthemic with some beefy riffage. Based on an incomplete listen I'd say this album is going to be a divisive one. It'll definitely bring in some new younger fans but some of the Wildhearts die-hards might struggle to get on board with the modern-ness of it all. We shall see... I'm very excited to hear this properly - roll on 31st!


Yeah that pretty much sums up my opinion of it based on the clips we can hear.
A couple of the songs sound like they wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Really liked some of them but..not to sure about a few of them.

Roll on the end of August so i can hear them properly.

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 22:13
by Sarc
DangerousBeans wrote:A couple of the songs sound like they wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.


Roll on the end of August so i can hear them properly.


Which tracks are they then? cant see it meself

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 22:16
by Pudu
I am singing a bit of You Took the Sunshine from New York to myself already.

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 22:20
by DangerousBeans
Sarc wrote:
DangerousBeans wrote:A couple of the songs sound like they wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.


Roll on the end of August so i can hear them properly.


Which tracks are they then? cant see it meself


Had to check them out again

The Only One and You are Proof...

The Only One has a very American sounding chorus from what i can hear and You are proof.. reminds me of bands like Lit

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 22:22
by Sarc
DangerousBeans wrote:The Only One has a very American sounding chorus from what i can hear and You are proof.. reminds me of bands like Lit


Well Scott does sing that one :)

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 22:28
by DangerousBeans
Sarc wrote:
DangerousBeans wrote:The Only One has a very American sounding chorus from what i can hear and You are proof.. reminds me of bands like Lit


Well Scott does sing that one :)


Indeed and i can see why some of the reviews mention some of the songs possibly getting lots of Radio play.

I'm really liking You took the Sunshine from New York,Jackson Whites and Mazel Tov Cocktail so far

PostPosted: 1st Aug 09, 22:50
by Jimmy79
I have a feeling this may become my favourite album

I LOVE the sound of every track