Page 1 of 1

Shepherd's Bush Reviews??

PostPosted: 21st Sep 08, 18:11
by SteveP
I woould have thought there'd have been something up by now??

Or are we all too fucked??

I know I am, I got in at 4pm, bastard train from Kings X to leeds broke, ended up missing me connection, got the next one an hour after the original.

My own thoughts on the gig to follow, after I've recovered and Duff McKagan/The Loyalties tonight.

PostPosted: 21st Sep 08, 18:16
by SteveP
I blame the alcohol and lack of sleep and fuckin national express, of course, I now see them!! :(

PostPosted: 21st Sep 08, 20:24
by lob
Well I had a grand time.

The EM's turned in a terrific performance once again and tweaked their presentation to just the right side of 'rock'.

GDH's - as entertaining as usual, weird stuff and complete bedlam from Jon as well as pretty good playing considering they hadn't seen each other for ages, let alone rehearsed. I found myself completely absorbed watching Jase he really is some guitar player and considering the frame the sound comes from quite a sweet singer.

The main event was terrific in terms of performance, tightness, attitude - the works. Any negatives I have are reserved for the 'management' of the venue. The PA wasn't right and I think they oversold, I don't mind moving along with a crowd but it was way too rammed for me, I had to move back and perhaps that is where the sound got bad for me. No complaints though, a great night - who can complain when you get to hear one of your favourite albums played in its entirety by a band that seem to have more energy and attack than many half their age (well two thirds then), and you get a bear hug from Random. Top night - bring on the Winter tour

PostPosted: 22nd Sep 08, 08:32
by Cwej
see the 'shepherds bush stories' thread !