Page 1 of 3
Which song are you most looking forward to (Earth Vs..)?

Posted:
8th Sep 08, 23:23
by Jason_scorching_past
I am looking forward to the upcoming Earth Vs show and the songs I am looking forward ot the most have to be - News of the World (never heard it live) and Miles Away Girl (not heard in ages) just love the opening riff to that one.
And if b-sides from the singles are played I would love to hear "And the Bullshit Goes On..."as I have never heard this one played live either. Also "Show a Little Emotion", cos I just love the ending, it's one of those change of tempo parts that Ginger does so well.
Don't think I have ever heard them play "Down on London" either. I am right in assuming the b-sides will be played right? Sorry, I haven't read all the news/threads

Re: Which song are you most looking forward to (Earth Vs..)?

Posted:
8th Sep 08, 23:31
by Ean
Jason_scorching_past wrote:...I would love to hear "And the Bullshit Goes On..."as I have never heard this one played live either.
...I am right in assuming the b-sides will be played right? Sorry, I haven't read all the news/threads

No-one else has either, as I'm fairly sure it's never had a live airing.
it seems to be the plan and as far as we know, it'll be the album in full then the B-sides afterwards.


Posted:
8th Sep 08, 23:37
by WildCat
29x the pain, feckin love it
come to think of it, what does it mean?

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 00:27
by Cwej
always love hearing news of the world ,. tehy did it in 2004 (i think) with random at harlow ..
i think down on london was played at some of the first 'reformation/preRARAMFR' shows
ginger did play ' .. and the bullshit goes on ' acoustic @ rugely with ehlp from some fat guy who looks nothing like jack black , and show a little emotion has been on a few acoustic setlists , but neither have featured in a proper WH electric set that i know of
the sheps bushy show has been reported as earth vs and all the b-sides of that era , one rumour has been that they've rehearsed the whole album , all the bsides and planned an encore of a don't be happy track and a stop me if you've heard track
i'll be happy with whatever we get , i think a b-side of 2 may not get aired just cos of however things work out , but hey
IT'S ALL GOOD

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 10:10
by Damian
Oddly enough it's "Shut Your F***ing Mouth" that I'm looking forward to most because I've only heard it live once. Most of Earth Vs still gets a fairly regular hearing. Not that I'm complaining because it is pretty much my favourite album ever (well, top 5 certainly) and the whole thing's going to be amazing!

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 10:52
by Sarc
Without a shadow of doubt Im looking forward to hearing Loveshit live for the first time and getting to hear Love U Til I Don't again, i think if there was a ever a song written that was the perfect set closer its that one.

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 11:14
by Soundog
WildCat wrote:29x the pain, feckin love it
come to think of it, what does it mean?
There was a Ginger Q&A for this. I remember that Ginger wrote it with Hüsker Dü's 59x The Pain in mind but thought he wasn't quite as depressed as Bob Mould. Also, he was 29 at the time.

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 11:19
by Soundog
Everlone and Love U are standouts on that album and defining tracks for the WH, and it'll be great to hear them live again, however often I already have, but for the special occasion I gotta go with TWO-WAY IDIOT MIRROR!
Woah, Girlfriend Clothes, News Of The World, Dangerlust... it's going to be a beautiful night.

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 11:20
by markE
loveshit - because it was the first wildhearts tune i ever heard and i loved it straight away.
miles away girl - coz its wifeys favourite.
but in general [all of 'em

b]a[/b]

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 11:44
by vanrad

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 14:22
by WildCat
Soundog wrote:WildCat wrote:29x the pain, feckin love it
come to think of it, what does it mean?
There was a Ginger Q&A for this. I remember that Ginger wrote it with Hüsker Dü's 59x The Pain in mind but thought he wasn't quite as depressed as Bob Mould. Also, he was 29 at the time.
thank you. i remember the q&a explanation but i don't remember it explaining the title, so cheers for that

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 17:23
by godofhaircare
Soundog wrote: but for the special occasion I gotta go with TWO-WAY IDIOT MIRROR!
.
YES YES YES!!!!!!!
TWO-WAYIDIOT MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best song i've never personally heard them play live (although i know they have)
Can't......fricken.....wait......

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 19:41
by Trash
Hmmm.... mine would be...
...Bullshit goes on
Two-way idiot mirror
Shame on me
News of the world
Show a little emotion
So many to choose from though and not a single bad one!

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 20:00
by nig1012
LOVESHIT always gets me bouncing in fact the last time i heard it was at nottingham on gingers market harbour tour i'm surprised you don't remember it sarcy boy
(
sorry that was a bit of a cheap shot if i was a boxer i'd be disqualified for punching below the belt)

Posted:
9th Sep 08, 20:12
by Cwej
i hope they chuck out loads of neon whistles like they did before the full roar 94 tour
