Page 1 of 8

THE EARTH Vs MEET-UP THREAD

PostPosted: 3rd Sep 08, 20:14
by SteveP
17 days to go, has anyone living near the gig scouted out the venue for the pre gig board meet yet?????

Re: THE EARTH Vs MEET-UP THREAD

PostPosted: 3rd Sep 08, 21:05
by Damian
SteveP wrote:17 days to go, has anyone living near the gig scouted out the venue for the pre gig board meet yet?????

I'll wait and see what people come up with and go along with it if I can. On two consecutive nights I'll be at gigs by the bands whose websites I run - Clearlake in my hometown (Bristol) on Friday night and then the Wildhearts thing on Saturday. But on Saturday I'm getting a train at 2.30, then I have to get to the hotel, chuck my stuff in and get back down for early doors so it's all down to whether there's still time spare!

PostPosted: 3rd Sep 08, 21:21
by Marc
There is one pub either side of the venue, a Walkabout and an O'Neils (I think). Both are quite spacious.

hotels

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 00:15
by richyboy1981
On the subject of hotels, does anyone know of any rooms going for the gig?

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 04:46
by Velvet Presley
Well, wherever we end up, count me, the ex, my mate Mitch and his better half in.

I can't wait to meet some of you proper!

VP.

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 15:10
by nig1012
did someone mention there was a weatherspoons near to the venue?

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 15:14
by Ean
nig1012 wrote:did someone mention there was a weatherspoons near to the venue?

Probably, but don't let that put you off. There'll be a few proper pubs too. :P

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 15:53
by Sarc
I seem to recall there's an o'neils as well in the near vicinity, could be wrong though it was about three years since i was last at that venue.

I'll be travelling up from Mrs Sarcs in Worthing that day (the darling that she is actually signed up to the board the other day to join in the abuse but wussed out at the last minute) so I'll be getting to that there pub that we decide on about four to half past and heading straight back after the gig so luckily for you lot i won't be on the loose after the show but I will before so :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 16:28
by nig1012
Ean wrote:
nig1012 wrote:did someone mention there was a weatherspoons near to the venue?

Probably, but don't let that put you off. There'll be a few proper pubs too. :P


hey don't dis w/spoons dude when people use alcohol and cheap in the same sentence it just cannot be :lol: a bad thing

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 16:30
by nig1012
Sarc wrote:I seem to recall there's an o'neils as well in the near vicinity, could be wrong though it was about three years since i was last at that venue.

I'll be travelling up Mrs Sarc that day


is she aware of this sarcy boy :shock:

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 16:37
by Ean
nig1012 wrote:
Ean wrote:
nig1012 wrote:did someone mention there was a weatherspoons near to the venue?

Probably, but don't let that put you off. There'll be a few proper pubs too. :P


hey don't dis w/spoons dude when people use alcohol and cheap in the same sentence it just cannot be :lol: a bad thing

Image :?

It's London. It won't be cheap. Instead of thinking bargain booze, think marginally less expensive pub without the atmosphere.

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 16:39
by WildCat
that's right, there's an o'neills directly next to the venue, and a walkabout on the right. the walkabout is massive but the o'neills not so much. both pubs get busy pre-show. the wetherspoons is in the shopping mall on the other side of the bush green, near to the station (the central line one that is closed). it's like any wetherspoons, it's spacious and cheap.

is there a voting function on this forum?

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 16:50
by Sarc
nig1012 wrote:
Sarc wrote:I seem to recall there's an o'neils as well in the near vicinity, could be wrong though it was about three years since i was last at that venue.

I'll be travelling up Mrs Sarc that day


is she aware of this sarcy boy :shock:


Fucksticks, thats why the preview function is available.

Obviously I meant to say "I'll be travelling up FROM Mrs Sarcs that day!"

Hope she doesnt read this.

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 17:31
by Ean
Sarc wrote:Obviously I meant to say "I'll be travelling up FROM Mrs Sarcs that day!"

Fortunately, that's what you did say. Nige's being a naughty boy and fiddling with your entry. :|

PostPosted: 4th Sep 08, 17:39
by Sarc
Ean wrote:
Sarc wrote:Obviously I meant to say "I'll be travelling up FROM Mrs Sarcs that day!"

Fortunately, that's what you did say. Nige's being a naughty boy and fiddling with your entry. :|


How the buggering hell did he do that?