Wondering If If life is like a lovebank I want an overdraft.

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Wondering If If life is like a lovebank I want an overdraft.

Postby VladDracii » 21st May 08, 02:36

Was ever played live, anyone seen it?
"...I said Plum!"
VladDracii
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 23rd Apr 08, 19:13
Location: Eastbourne

Postby wildsam6o » 21st May 08, 03:46

yes ive seen both ginger and danny sing it,

same as anthem

it was mostly played on the endless nameless tour, but i say them do it in.....03 i think it was.....
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby Ean » 21st May 08, 08:48

Yep, it's been played live a few times, most notably (for me at least...) at the three piece gig at JB's.

It doesn't get aired often now because Ginger thinks it's a bit dull and repetitive live.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 21st May 08, 10:57

Ean wrote:It doesn't get aired often now because Ginger thinks it's a bit dull and repetitive live.


i'd have to agree with him. nice main riff, but other than that, there ain't much to it. can't say i ever listen to it much.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby Dr.J.Jones » 22nd May 08, 02:52

I saw it at Manchester Academy around 1995 (I think). Yeah Ginger said it was boring to play which is a pity as I love this song. Who here has seen all three videos for it?
DON'T BUY THE SUN!

JUSTICE FOR THE '96!
Dr.J.Jones
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 1st Mar 06, 22:00
Location: San Francisco CA

Postby beerofthedark » 22nd May 08, 16:39

I actually have all three videos, very funny how they cleaned it up in the end.
Ayo, lesson here, Bey. You come at the king, you best not miss. - Omar
beerofthedark
 
Posts: 325
Joined: 28th Feb 06, 18:28
Location: East London

Postby VladDracii » 22nd May 08, 19:14

I find it so interesting when i hear people say that. This were the first hearts song I ever heard and I fucking love it even to this day. In fact, When I first got the best of I were slightly dissapointed that not more stuff sounded simillar to it....bizzare

I first saw it with one of the videos on daytime TV and the video were anything but explicit, cant remember anything about it except the word ketchup being used, man, that was so so so long ago...
"...I said Plum!"
VladDracii
 
Posts: 168
Joined: 23rd Apr 08, 19:13
Location: Eastbourne

Postby Ean » 22nd May 08, 19:37

I like the song, and the recorded version is great. It just doesn't come across live that well.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby Dr.J.Jones » 23rd May 08, 06:38

beerofthedark wrote:I actually have all three videos, very funny how they cleaned it up in the end.


I don't have the cleaned up version, although I have seen it but I do have the X-Rated one & the XXX-Rated one.

The XXX-Rated one is definately an :shock:
DON'T BUY THE SUN!

JUSTICE FOR THE '96!
Dr.J.Jones
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 1st Mar 06, 22:00
Location: San Francisco CA

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 23rd May 08, 12:30

would you be so kind as to youtube those by any chance? i've only seen the clean version...
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby Dr.J.Jones » 27th May 08, 19:52

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:would you be so kind as to youtube those by any chance? i've only seen the clean version...


I would if I knew how too. :?
DON'T BUY THE SUN!

JUSTICE FOR THE '96!
Dr.J.Jones
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 1st Mar 06, 22:00
Location: San Francisco CA

Postby Dr.J.Jones » 27th May 08, 19:58

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:would you be so kind as to youtube those by any chance? i've only seen the clean version...


PM for you :D
DON'T BUY THE SUN!

JUSTICE FOR THE '96!
Dr.J.Jones
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 1st Mar 06, 22:00
Location: San Francisco CA

Postby DangerousBeans » 28th May 08, 14:36

There was a version of this up on Youtube for ages...some rat bastard must have complained about it and got it taken off though.

Not sure which version of the 3 it was but it wasn't the clean one.
DangerousBeans
 
Posts: 287
Joined: 25th Jun 06, 13:15
Location: Ayr

Postby getting_it_sucks » 31st May 08, 20:05

I saw two versions of the video on youtube. The clean and X-rated. Still haven't seen the XXX-rated version :(
getting_it_sucks
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 29th Aug 07, 15:29

Postby Cwej » 1st Jun 08, 02:34

live sometimes they'd stick in a middle 8 of 'girlfriend clothes' riff
don't gimme your manson lamps
Cwej
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 15th Feb 06, 02:46

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests