Stop Us If You've Heard This One Before, Vol. 1 - Out May 19

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Stop Us If You've Heard This One Before, Vol. 1 - Out May 19

Postby Damian » 27th Feb 08, 09:20

...the covers album, will be a 12 song download initially, then released as a 15 track CD in the summer.

Just so you know.
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby sonicshake » 27th Feb 08, 10:14

Ooh, exciting! :D

Any idea when the downloads are gonna be available mate?
sonicshake
 
Posts: 155
Joined: 15th Mar 06, 12:00

Postby Damian » 27th Feb 08, 10:39

sonicshake wrote:Ooh, exciting! :D

Any idea when the downloads are gonna be available mate?

Nope. It was just something Ginger said when he was interviewed by Teletext, although it wasn't part of the original interview...
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby wildsam6o » 27th Feb 08, 11:16

sounds cool

whats all that "the words" cd about then?

could just be another best of, what you think?
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby Andy » 27th Feb 08, 11:32

wildsam6o wrote:sounds cool

whats all that "the words" cd about then?

could just be another best of, what you think?


You mean 'The Works.'
Andy
 
Posts: 350
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 23:26
Location: Middlesbrough

Postby wildsam6o » 27th Feb 08, 14:09

Andy wrote:
wildsam6o wrote:sounds cool

whats all that "the words" cd about then?

could just be another best of, what you think?


You mean 'The Works.'



yeah thats the one sorry, was typing fast before going to work :P
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby Sarc » 27th Feb 08, 14:18

No-one really knows yet other than its probably a re-issue as the lable its coming out on is known for its rather classy re-issues (The Ramones Anthology which came out with a rather classy book and If You Ain't Got a Weapon which was the 3 Colours Red one with sleeve otes by Pete), I usually hate asking bands about releases that are forthcoming as it always feels really nosey to me but if I get chance on friday I'm gonna ask Big Red if he knows anything about it.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Soundog » 27th Feb 08, 15:11

wildsam6o wrote:
Andy wrote:
wildsam6o wrote:sounds cool

whats all that "the words" cd about then?

could just be another best of, what you think?


You mean 'The Works.'



yeah thats the one sorry, was typing fast before going to work :P


You mean 'going to word'.

... errrr...
Soundog
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 29th Mar 07, 09:43
Location: Germany

Postby Soundog » 27th Feb 08, 15:30

Sarc wrote:rather classy re-issues (The Ramones Anthology which came out with a rather classy book and If You Ain't Got a Weapon which was the 3 Colours Red one with sleeve otes by Pete)


I think the 3CR anthology wasn't on Rhino, but Ramones definitely was, as well as many other tasteful box sets and reissues (Black Sabbath - Black Box f.ex., beautiful).
I wonder, however, how The Wildhearts fit into the Rhino roster. The WB-connection is there, I just wouldn't have thought that Rhino would issue an anthology of a band that has hardly more than a small cult following in the US.
Soundog
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 29th Mar 07, 09:43
Location: Germany

Postby Sarc » 27th Feb 08, 15:43

Soundog wrote:
Sarc wrote:rather classy re-issues (The Ramones Anthology which came out with a rather classy book and If You Ain't Got a Weapon which was the 3 Colours Red one with sleeve otes by Pete)


I think the 3CR anthology wasn't on Rhino, but Ramones definitely was, as well as many other tasteful box sets and reissues (Black Sabbath - Black Box f.ex., beautiful).
I wonder, however, how The Wildhearts fit into the Rhino roster. The WB-connection is there, I just wouldn't have thought that Rhino would issue an anthology of a band that has hardly more than a small cult following in the US.


You're right I stand corrected it was put out by Sanctuary Records
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Ean » 27th Feb 08, 16:26

Damian wrote:
sonicshake wrote:Ooh, exciting! :D

Any idea when the downloads are gonna be available mate?

Nope. It was just something Ginger said when he was interviewed by Teletext, although it wasn't part of the original interview...


Ooh, goodie, another chance to play with my new screengrabber...

Link works today only.

Image
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby whatevermort » 27th Feb 08, 18:25

This - 12 track download soon, 15 track cd in the summer - is fine as long as the download is hypercheap/free. I absolutely refuse to pander to buying the same album (ish) twice simply to have it earlier, as I imagine most people do, especially if one is MP3 files that I could just rip myself. A few bands have done this and fleeced those fans who are desperate for the music as soon as possible. I hate to say it, but I'm going to be a misery guts, and if the band are charging for the download I might just have to wait it out, or listen to it some other way...
whatevermort
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 14th Feb 07, 23:09

Postby Ean » 27th Feb 08, 18:42

Do what everyone else'll do then, and get it from emusic legally for nothing. You won't have to pay, but the band'll still get paid.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby whatevermort » 27th Feb 08, 21:27

Well, yeah, that's what I'll do. I have an emusic account, but it still galls me that I'll be paying for it twice. Maybe I'm just poorer than I used to be. Now, if there were bonus, download-only tracks as well we'd be talking.
whatevermort
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 14th Feb 07, 23:09

Postby Ean » 27th Feb 08, 21:45

Ah, no, see, I meant sign up and use your free download quota to get it, then cancel the account - the band will still get paid as it's emusic's offer.

My mate's done it three or four times, you just need to get yourself another email address to do it if you're already signed up.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 65 guests

cron