Page 1 of 1
Pining for the fjords?

Posted:
7th Feb 08, 01:14
by Trudi
Myspace bulletin:
"Metal Heart Festival in Norway Confirmed!
Current mood: happy
We've just confirmed our appearance at this years Metal Heart rock festival in Lillehammer, Norway.
The Wildhearts will be appearing on Saturday 16th August 2008.
Also confirmed for the festival is Twisted Sister!"
*cough* Stansted - Oslo Ryanair £4.99 each way *cough*

Posted:
7th Feb 08, 12:45
by vanrad
lol - it maybe £4.99 each way, but the beer ain't cheap!

Posted:
7th Feb 08, 13:32
by fluffygrue
Ah, shame the rest of the line-up isn't my cup of tea, else I'd be tempted by that.
At least it means they're booking summer festival appearances, so I have my fingers crossed for Download..

Posted:
7th Feb 08, 14:17
by burgerrock
wheres the rest of the lineup?
Ive only seen twisted sister be mentioned

Posted:
7th Feb 08, 21:45
by john v.
Yes,yes,yesss...

This is going to be fuc£ing great.

The web page isnt up and going yet. but it well be next week.
http://www.metalrockfest.no
And a pint here in Norway costs about 6£

(sorry for my poor english

)

Posted:
8th Feb 08, 00:37
by fluffygrue
Ooh, ignore me.. it's the line-up for 2007 I saw. I imagine the line-up's yet to be announced, then..
And aieee, £6?

Posted:
8th Feb 08, 02:28
by Trudi
Not such a hardship to go without beer for a couple of days - much easier to remember the gig afterwards


Posted:
8th Feb 08, 20:41
by john v.
A friend of me told me once, that a party whitout beer is false fun


Posted:
8th Feb 08, 23:21
by Col
Trudi wrote:Not such a hardship to go without beer for a couple of days - much easier to remember the gig afterwards

I once went without beer for a week, hated it, was the worst week of my life.
No sorry, it was a wank not beer.

Posted:
9th Feb 08, 00:39
by Ned Flanders
fluffygrue wrote:Ah, shame the rest of the line-up isn't my cup of tea, else I'd be tempted by that.
At least it means they're booking summer festival appearances, so I have my fingers crossed for Download..
Be good if they played Reading too as I've already got my ticket for this

Posted:
10th Feb 08, 22:54
by Rancidpunk_76
Definately! I got my ticket in the pre-sale last year so here's hoping.......


Posted:
11th Feb 08, 00:24
by Ean
Rancidpunk_76 wrote:Definately! I got my ticket in the pre-sale last year so here's hoping.......

Me too, although I may need to shift them closer to the date 'cos my friend wants us to go to Leeds with her for her 30th - a fact she shared with me about five minutes after I'd just spent severeal hundred quid on Reading tickets.

Posted:
12th Feb 08, 19:36
by burgerrock
More bands have been announced..
www.metalrockfest.com

Posted:
22nd Feb 08, 23:00
by john v.
six new bands confirmed.

Posted:
26th Feb 08, 13:42
by Andy Santiago
Not a bad line-up really, Yorkshires premier miserablists My Dying Bride and a Rammstein tribute act too. Not sure I can justify a trip to Norway for that though.
If I was going to a fest in Norway it would be Inferno or Hole In The Sky.