Pining for the fjords?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Pining for the fjords?

Postby Trudi » 7th Feb 08, 01:14

Myspace bulletin:


"Metal Heart Festival in Norway Confirmed!
Current mood: happy
We've just confirmed our appearance at this years Metal Heart rock festival in Lillehammer, Norway.
The Wildhearts will be appearing on Saturday 16th August 2008.
Also confirmed for the festival is Twisted Sister!"


*cough* Stansted - Oslo Ryanair £4.99 each way *cough*
Image
Trudi
 
Posts: 282
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:13
Location: London/Kent

Postby vanrad » 7th Feb 08, 12:45

lol - it maybe £4.99 each way, but the beer ain't cheap!
vanrad
 
Posts: 226
Joined: 16th Feb 06, 14:19
Location: Falkirk FK2

Postby fluffygrue » 7th Feb 08, 13:32

Ah, shame the rest of the line-up isn't my cup of tea, else I'd be tempted by that.

At least it means they're booking summer festival appearances, so I have my fingers crossed for Download..
fluffygrue
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 23rd Feb 06, 15:47
Location: Manchester, UK

Postby burgerrock » 7th Feb 08, 14:17

wheres the rest of the lineup?

Ive only seen twisted sister be mentioned
burgerrock
 
Posts: 204
Joined: 1st Nov 06, 20:07

Postby john v. » 7th Feb 08, 21:45

Yes,yes,yesss... :lol: This is going to be fuc£ing great. :lol: :lol: The web page isnt up and going yet. but it well be next week.
http://www.metalrockfest.no
And a pint here in Norway costs about 6£ :? (sorry for my poor english :wink: )
I promise to pay the bearer
some spunk,
some snot
& some shite...
john v.
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 16th Feb 06, 21:57
Location: Notodden, Norway

Postby fluffygrue » 8th Feb 08, 00:37

Ooh, ignore me.. it's the line-up for 2007 I saw. I imagine the line-up's yet to be announced, then.. :)

And aieee, £6?
fluffygrue
 
Posts: 528
Joined: 23rd Feb 06, 15:47
Location: Manchester, UK

Postby Trudi » 8th Feb 08, 02:28

Not such a hardship to go without beer for a couple of days - much easier to remember the gig afterwards :P
Image
Trudi
 
Posts: 282
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:13
Location: London/Kent

Postby john v. » 8th Feb 08, 20:41

A friend of me told me once, that a party whitout beer is false fun :wink:
I promise to pay the bearer
some spunk,
some snot
& some shite...
john v.
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 16th Feb 06, 21:57
Location: Notodden, Norway

Postby Col » 8th Feb 08, 23:21

Trudi wrote:Not such a hardship to go without beer for a couple of days - much easier to remember the gig afterwards :P

I once went without beer for a week, hated it, was the worst week of my life.

No sorry, it was a wank not beer.
Col
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: 12th Feb 06, 17:28

Postby Ned Flanders » 9th Feb 08, 00:39

fluffygrue wrote:Ah, shame the rest of the line-up isn't my cup of tea, else I'd be tempted by that.

At least it means they're booking summer festival appearances, so I have my fingers crossed for Download..


Be good if they played Reading too as I've already got my ticket for this
Ned Flanders
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 10th May 07, 19:19
Location: Kent

Postby Rancidpunk_76 » 10th Feb 08, 22:54

Definately! I got my ticket in the pre-sale last year so here's hoping....... :)
Rancidpunk_76
 
Posts: 132
Joined: 24th Apr 07, 15:45

Postby Ean » 11th Feb 08, 00:24

Rancidpunk_76 wrote:Definately! I got my ticket in the pre-sale last year so here's hoping....... :)


Me too, although I may need to shift them closer to the date 'cos my friend wants us to go to Leeds with her for her 30th - a fact she shared with me about five minutes after I'd just spent severeal hundred quid on Reading tickets.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby burgerrock » 12th Feb 08, 19:36

More bands have been announced..

www.metalrockfest.com
burgerrock
 
Posts: 204
Joined: 1st Nov 06, 20:07

Postby john v. » 22nd Feb 08, 23:00

six new bands confirmed.
I promise to pay the bearer
some spunk,
some snot
& some shite...
john v.
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 16th Feb 06, 21:57
Location: Notodden, Norway

Postby Andy Santiago » 26th Feb 08, 13:42

Not a bad line-up really, Yorkshires premier miserablists My Dying Bride and a Rammstein tribute act too. Not sure I can justify a trip to Norway for that though.
If I was going to a fest in Norway it would be Inferno or Hole In The Sky.
"All fucked up and ready to roll"!!
Andy Santiago
 
Posts: 215
Joined: 26th Feb 06, 22:55
Location: Shitsville DN4.


Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

cron