Page 1 of 2

Jimmie Rogers Last Blue Yodel RELEASED!

PostPosted: 24th Oct 07, 19:10
by schocksmile
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
this from http://www.jasonringenberg.com
So, Darren: IT´S ALIVE! :shock:


JASON RINGENBERG BEST OF ALBUM
Jason Ringenberg’s new album BEST TRACKS AND SIDE TRACKS 1979-2007 will be released on January 22 in the US on Yep Roc Records.

The double CD set is a complete overview of Jason’s solo career to-date including his pre-Scorchers band Shakespeare’s Riot and new versions of Farmer Jason and Jason & The Scorchers favorites.

Disc one features the best of Jason’s solo recordings, largely focusing on the Pocketful Of Soul, All Over Creation and Empire Builders album, plus three new recordings. Disc two rounds up a clutch of previously unheard rarities including the thought to be lost version of Jimmie Rogers Last Blue Yodel that Jason recorded in London, England with The Wildhearts.

The full track listing is as follows -

Disc One - Best Tracks

Shop It Around (new lyrics and recording)
The Life Of The Party (new recording)
Bible And A Gun (with Steve Earle)
Camille (with Swan Dive)
Punk Rock Skunk (rawk remix)
One Less Heartache (with The Wildhearts)
She Hung The Moon Until It Died
Rainbow Stew
For Addie Rose
Born To Run
The Price Of Progress
Prosperity Train
A Pocketful Of Soul
Eddie Rode The Orphan Train
Link Wray
Tuskegee Pride
Half The Man
Chief Joseph’s Last Dream
Broken Whiskey Glass (new recording with The Woodbox Gang)
The Last Train To Memphis

Disc Two – Side Tracks

Lovely Christmas! (with Kristi Rose)
Moose On The Loose (with exended Webb Wilder outro)
The Sailor’s Eyes
Cappuccino Rosie (live country version with Arty Hill)
Moms 70th Birthday Song
Help There’s A Fire (Shakespeare’s Riot version)
Buckminster Fuller We Need You Now
Who’s Gonna Feed Them Hogs
Paradise (with R.B. Morris, Tom Roznowski and Janas Hoyt)
Jimmie Rogers Last Blue Yodel (with The Wildhearts)

The albums release party takes place on January 19 at The Liberty Theater in Murphysboro, llinois. Helping raise the roof are Carbondale’s mighty Woodbox Gang who are one of Jason’s favorite American bands, so much so that they guest on a new version of the old Scorchers standard Broken Whiskey Glass especially recorded for the new album.

In away this show brings Jason full circle as he started his musical career in Southern Illinois in 1978 and several of the songs on BEST TRACKS & SIDE TRACKS originated in the Murphysboro-Carbondale area.

Both Jason and The Woodbox Gang will be playing full sets, with the The Woodbox Gang closing out the night. The action kicks off at 7.30 with tickets available on the door. Don’t miss this one fight fans ‘cause it’s going to get rowdy!

PostPosted: 24th Oct 07, 20:47
by skychaserhigh
Nice one can't wait to hear the track :D

PostPosted: 24th Oct 07, 22:26
by DarrenStockford
Oh, well spotted - best news I've heard in ages. And I'm loving that sleeve. I'm raising a glass in this record's honour already. Roll on January...

PostPosted: 24th Oct 07, 23:16
by lob
That looks like a great set. Now all I want is to get the early J&S stuff re-released so it doesn't cost £50 (or so ) a pop on Amazon

PostPosted: 24th Oct 07, 23:42
by DiggityDawg
Holy shit...that's FANTASTIC news! :) :) :) :) :)

PostPosted: 27th Oct 07, 20:33
by Yayhoo
Excellent news. Am gunna be buying that for sure!

Thought the stuff they did with The Wildhearts had been lost!

On a related note:

I got back this week from seeing 4 Dan Baird and Homemade Sin gigs in Denmark (that's the main man from the Georgia Satellites for any younger listees!).
Warner Hodges is now in Dan's band (as well as The Scorchers...obviously).
Anyone who met up with Warner at the Ginger and the Scorchers gigs recently will, I'm sure, agree with me that he is one hell of a bloke. And one hell of a geetar player!

Met up with him after the shows and he mentioned that there's a very good chance of some Jason And Scorchers UK/Euro gigs next year....so keep yer eyes peeled! He was also full of praise for Ginger, and at one of the Dan Baird gigs he took to the stage proudly wearing his "The futures bright...the futures Ginger" T-Shirt.

Hey-all Yay-ahh!

PostPosted: 28th Oct 07, 19:02
by Ean
lob wrote:That looks like a great set. Now all I want is to get the early J&S stuff re-released so it doesn't cost £50 (or so ) a pop on Amazon

I managed to get hold of most of the ones I have for not too extortionate prices (apart from Both Sides Of The Line which is universally hugely pricey :roll: ) from Amazon and Ebay sellers. I think the most I paid was about 20 quid for an import of Clear Impetuous Morning including postage (from an Amazon trader called 'Thebook community'). :)

PostPosted: 24th Dec 07, 18:56
by DiggityDawg
You can stream - & pre-order - the album ( including "Jimmies" ) here :

http://store.yeproc.com/album.php?id=12984

The first 100 pre-orders get an "autographed by Jason" copy.

Man, that Jason/WH team-up is a little over 2 minutes of ass-kickin' .

PostPosted: 28th Dec 07, 19:40
by skychaserhigh
got mine ordered... :D

love the scorchers

PostPosted: 6th Oct 08, 17:52
by DiggityDawg
Jason came thru town last nite ( great show as always ) , & I got the chance to chat with him about this track.

Since it's a tune we thought we'd never hear, I asked him if it was his copy that was used for the CD. He grinned & said "No way was I getting out of that studio without a copy of it." He also implied that no way in Hell was he gonna leave the safekeeping of the recording to the other people in the room. :lol: So he snagged a copy, threw it in his bag, & off he went.

Sooooooooo glad he did.

PostPosted: 7th Oct 08, 08:17
by john v.
I had a birthday party last saturday, and my brother inlaw gave me this:
Image

I dont now where he got it, but i can say that i was lost for words a couple of minutes.

PostPosted: 7th Oct 08, 16:29
by 29xthefun
I was talking to Jason after the scorchers gig in Glasgow and he told me a similar story about the song.
The double album is a great collection of tunes from his 20 years.
Would be great if the hears and him could do something again.

PostPosted: 25th Jan 09, 23:17
by loz
i just got this tune at last off emusic... fanbloodytastic! :D

PostPosted: 26th Jan 09, 01:34
by spoon_of_grimbo
john v. wrote:I had a birthday party last saturday, and my brother inlaw gave me this:
Image

I dont now where he got it, but i can say that i was lost for words a couple of minutes.


i'm more intrigued by "Caggein Bomb" tbh.

PostPosted: 26th Jan 09, 13:55
by idiottoast
This has already had a u.k. release last november.i got mine from esprit for £12.99 plus p+p.They`ve still got it listed,so you dont have to get it from america,unless it`s cheaper of course :D .