ROLL CALL FOR EARTH VS SHOW

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter
Forum rules
Divvn't be a twat

Postby Ean » 29th May 08, 19:36

colzo666 wrote:Also, nearest airport?

Assuming you mean Farringdon, Heathrow's probably closest (West London). But if you fly in on something cheap, it'll probably go to Luton (North, up the M1) or Stanstead (North, up the M11) - Ryanair for example, flies to Stansted from Belfast (about 30 quid return BTW), then there's either a bus or a train into town as it's about 25 miles north of London.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."

WH THEMED WH EMOTiCONS? MAiS OUi!!
User avatar
Ean
 
Posts: 3084
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby colzo666 » 29th May 08, 20:36

Just spoke to the mum and dad and they aren't allowin it.

Mum said I'd get stabbed :roll: and dad says that I'm not goin cause I went and got a tattoo before I'm 18 (bearing in mind he has 6)...

Parent's, eh? Useless!
Too sweet, too strong
colzo666
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 6th Aug 07, 21:38
Location: Belfast

Postby wildsam6o » 29th May 08, 21:55

colzo666 wrote:Just spoke to the mum and dad and they aren't allowin it.

Mum said I'd get stabbed :roll: and dad says that I'm not goin cause I went and got a tattoo before I'm 18 (bearing in mind he has 6)...

Parent's, eh? Useless!



sneak out, just do it

i dragged myself out of hospital in 2003 to see them at wolves, then checked myself back in!


do it, ya know ya wanna!
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 29th May 08, 22:08

colzo666 wrote:Just spoke to the mum and dad and they aren't allowin it.

Mum said I'd get stabbed :roll: and dad says that I'm not goin cause I went and got a tattoo before I'm 18 (bearing in mind he has 6)...

Parent's, eh? Useless!



you're over 16 - they can't legally stop you. they could kick your ass out of the house admittedly, but it's unlikely they'd actually do that, even if they threatened it. still, sneak out, save the hassle they might give you til AFTER the gig, when you won't give a shit!
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
Image
spoon_of_grimbo
 
Posts: 915
Joined: 19th Aug 07, 13:56
Location: Boston, UK (Home) / Coventry, UK (Uni)

Postby colzo666 » 29th May 08, 22:15

So I'm gonna somehow sneak out of Northern Ireland, to London, and back..?

Without getting stabbed!?

I'd need to be flyin over with wez_wildheart to even have a chance and he hasn't been on this / MSN in a long time!
Too sweet, too strong
colzo666
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 6th Aug 07, 21:38
Location: Belfast

Postby wildsam6o » 29th May 08, 22:17

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:
colzo666 wrote:Just spoke to the mum and dad and they aren't allowin it.

Mum said I'd get stabbed :roll: and dad says that I'm not goin cause I went and got a tattoo before I'm 18 (bearing in mind he has 6)...

Parent's, eh? Useless!



you're over 16 - they can't legally stop you. they could kick your ass out of the house admittedly, but it's unlikely they'd actually do that, even if they threatened it. still, sneak out, save the hassle they might give you til AFTER the gig, when you won't give a shit!



true true true,

i used to get an ass kicking for going to gigs and stuff, but........the thing is (im taking it your 17) your only 17 once and im 19 now and i think back to some of the things i did then (went to austria to see motorhead) and i laugh! but i wish i did more!

so just! come to london ........... cant promise you wont get stabbed like ur mom said but, hae a few beers and listed to some good tunes!
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby colzo666 » 29th May 08, 22:27

I'm guessin most lads will be stayin in Travellodge.
Also, I'm also guessin most lads will go out on the rip afterwards, I don't exactly look 18, so wouldn't be joinin yah's!
Too sweet, too strong
colzo666
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 6th Aug 07, 21:38
Location: Belfast

Postby wildsam6o » 29th May 08, 22:46

colzo666 wrote:I'm guessin most lads will be stayin in Travellodge.
Also, I'm also guessin most lads will go out on the rip afterwards, I don't exactly look 18, so wouldn't be joinin yah's!


ahhh, that was my next point........you may be a lil fucked in that case!

most ppl will be hitting up the bars in camden after the gig most likely so.......

let us know if you get a chance to get out
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby colzo666 » 29th May 08, 23:03

I just MySpace messaged Ginger begging him to send me a message to let my mum know that I'd be safe in London :lol:
I can but hope..

Also, I'll need credit card to book flights / hotel / tickets. Bit of a problem when all I have is a savings account!
Too sweet, too strong
colzo666
 
Posts: 162
Joined: 6th Aug 07, 21:38
Location: Belfast

Postby Michael Wade » 30th May 08, 00:46

I might be able to pull it off. Sarc, I am gonna get a standing room ticket and have it sent to you. If I can't make it, you can give it away. They want 13 quid just to post it to me over here!
Michael Wade
 
Posts: 305
Joined: 8th Apr 06, 19:20
Location: Minneapolis

Postby wildsam6o » 30th May 08, 13:09

Michael Wade wrote:I might be able to pull it off. Sarc, I am gonna get a standing room ticket and have it sent to you. If I can't make it, you can give it away. They want 13 quid just to post it to me over here!


leave it at the box office and pick it up there
wildsam6o
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 5th Feb 08, 19:14
Location: midlands

Postby Damian » 30th May 08, 14:07

wildsam6o wrote:
Michael Wade wrote:I might be able to pull it off. Sarc, I am gonna get a standing room ticket and have it sent to you. If I can't make it, you can give it away. They want 13 quid just to post it to me over here!


leave it at the box office and pick it up there

Is this sound financial advice, or are you just saying it's better than trusting Sarc? :D
Damian
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 02:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby Sarc » 30th May 08, 14:27

Michael Wade wrote:I might be able to pull it off. Sarc, I am gonna get a standing room ticket and have it sent to you. If I can't make it, you can give it away. They want 13 quid just to post it to me over here!


Aye thats no problem at all dear boy, quite safe beign delivered to my house but bear in mind im not gonna be there for another four weeks so it might be best just to pick it up at the box office failing that there's always Dave if you ask him nicely.
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby Sarc » 30th May 08, 14:28

Damian wrote:
wildsam6o wrote:
Michael Wade wrote:I might be able to pull it off. Sarc, I am gonna get a standing room ticket and have it sent to you. If I can't make it, you can give it away. They want 13 quid just to post it to me over here!


leave it at the box office and pick it up there

Is this sound financial advice, or are you just saying it's better than trusting Sarc? :D


You.....rotten.....barsteward..... :D
Did you just say "Pig Flute"?

http://www.amiatwat.com

Please welcome a new kind of Mod
Sarc
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: 25th Apr 07, 22:27
Location: Brighton

Postby SteveP » 30th May 08, 16:33

I think Michael was more getting at the fact that getting it sent to Sarc's would be a better plan, cos if he can't make it, then someone's gonna be able to use the ticket.
If you leave it for box office collection, remember you have to have the credit card you purchased the ticket with.
Wise UP.....Wise Out

Professional dwarf arsehole
SteveP
 
Posts: 654
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 16:34
Location: Chester le St.

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests