Page 1 of 2

Just how tall is Ginger?

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 16:45
by WiredOut
Maybe not the most vital topic ever but I've often kinda wondered this. I'm a none-more-average 5'10" and when I've seen Ginger in the flesh he variously looks tall to fucking gigantic. I know he's at least a six-footer but he looks almost 6'3" sometimes, although this seems too big at other times.

I suppose there's probably crazy rock footwear influences too and I only ever walk past him in dark venues when I'm pissed.

Anyone think they know? Anyone actually care?

Re: Just how tall is Ginger?

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 16:53
by markE
WiredOut wrote:Maybe not the most vital topic ever but I've often kinda wondered this. I'm a none-more-average 5'10" and when I've seen Ginger in the flesh he variously looks tall to fucking gigantic. I know he's at least a six-footer but he looks almost 6'3" sometimes, although this seems too big at other times.

I suppose there's probably crazy rock footwear influences too and I only ever walk past him in dark venues when I'm pissed.

Anyone think they know? Anyone actually care?


no, and no. sorry.

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 18:07
by melx
I'm only about 5' 8" so everyone is tall to me.

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 18:51
by Sarc
im six one and hes just about the same size maybe a tad smaller.

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 19:04
by WiredOut
Sarc wrote:im six one and hes just about the same size maybe a tad smaller.


Cheers. It just confuses me cos I have a few friends who are about 6 foot to 6'1" and Ginger sometimes seems a fair bit bigger than them.

Re: Just how tall is Ginger?

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 19:07
by WiredOut
markE wrote:
WiredOut wrote:Maybe not the most vital topic ever but I've often kinda wondered this. I'm a none-more-average 5'10" and when I've seen Ginger in the flesh he variously looks tall to fucking gigantic. I know he's at least a six-footer but he looks almost 6'3" sometimes, although this seems too big at other times.

I suppose there's probably crazy rock footwear influences too and I only ever walk past him in dark venues when I'm pissed.

Anyone think they know? Anyone actually care?


no, and no. sorry.


Well at least you cared enough to tell me you don't care. ;)

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 19:43
by vickyp
He is taller than me, but not as tall as a really tall person. Does that help?
It would depend if he was wearing the SG5 boots, they are very tall indeed.

If he was any other height, would he rock more or less?

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 19:52
by nig1012
anybody have any idea which body part he washes 1st when he gets in the shower :lol:

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 19:54
by Sarc
Oh christ its turned into an issue of smash hits with all this quality questioning

PostPosted: 23rd Jul 09, 20:49
by WiredOut
nig1012 wrote:anybody have any idea which body part he washes 1st when he gets in the shower :lol:


'Outta my jersey, then wash my soles...doodeedoodeedoo....'

Sorry.

Anyway, we all know he likes splashy happy fun time bubble baths with Ritch, not showers. :?

PostPosted: 24th Jul 09, 10:05
by SteveP
vickyp wrote:He is taller than me


Just about everyone is taller than you darling Niece :wink:

I'm 6'2" and when I said hello and shook hands with him at The Archer in jesmond a few years back, he seemed quite shorter than me, but wasn't it noted heer a while back that he said in an interview that he has a really bad posture these days from having heavy guitars hanging off him for years??

PostPosted: 24th Jul 09, 11:22
by geordierussell
I would say he is around 5' 10" - 5' 11".

I was chatting to him a couple of weeks back. and I doubt he has grown or shrunk much since then.

PostPosted: 24th Jul 09, 13:49
by Keith Richard
geordierussell wrote:I would say he is around 5' 10" - 5' 11".

I was chatting to him a couple of weeks back. and I doubt he has grown or shrunk much since then.


I agree. I'm 5'10" and I do not look up to Ginger (physically anyway!)

PostPosted: 24th Jul 09, 15:12
by WiredOut
So we're saying 5'10" to 6'1". I'm 5'10" and the one time I've stood for a length of time chatting to him I thought he was about 6', yet other times seeing him from a bit further away he's looked bigger than that. Hmm.

I'm sure he said once when forming some incarnation of the Wildhearts or some side project that he wanted 6 foot monster rockers and no smaller, or something.

PostPosted: 24th Jul 09, 15:26
by melx
WiredOut wrote:
I'm sure he said once when forming some incarnation of the Wildhearts or some side project that he wanted 6 foot monster rockers and no smaller, or something.


That must be why Mark Keds didn't last very long. ;)