Page 1 of 2

Tenants

PostPosted: 2nd Jul 09, 20:59
by inglorious1
I've been meaning to mention this for ages, and as it's now playing...

Is it me, or does Tenants on Marker Harbour sound like a theme tune for a 70's sitcom?? Perhaps that's why it's called Tenants? Maybe Ginger's got a script he's writing - something like 'Man About The House' or 'The Good Life'! ;o)

Or is it just me??

Rob

PostPosted: 2nd Jul 09, 21:30
by Sarc
Anyone else find it ironic that the choice of most homeless alcoholics is tenants?

eyethangyew :twisted:

PostPosted: 3rd Jul 09, 10:45
by Pauly
Sarc wrote:Anyone else find it ironic that the choice of most homeless alcoholics is tenants?

eyethangyew :twisted:


Purple tins FTW ;)

PostPosted: 3rd Jul 09, 12:22
by spoon_of_grimbo
when i was in sixth form and working at kwiksave in the hols, i damaged a can of tenants and ended up sneakily drinking it instead of pouring it away. fuck me, it's like tainted bleach or something.

PostPosted: 3rd Jul 09, 16:02
by Pauly
A couple of years ago me and my band had the brainwave of a Trampathon... which basically meant going to the bassists house and getting buckled on street drinks. Several purple tins, some barley wine of unknown origin and a bottle of Morrisons own sherry had me in some nick.

In fact, there is a picture of me during the evening which if I can get into my Myspace i'll post up as a warning to stay away from that sort of thing... :lol:

PostPosted: 6th Jul 09, 12:56
by eyeheartsatan
there was a band called 'Stretch' which consisted of Jase Edwards, Jef and Steve (ex-Wolfsbane) and one of their songs had a line "... he used to be a hero, but now he's Tenants Superman"
and I always thought that was genius.

I've also heard it called 'Trampagne' :lol:

PostPosted: 6th Jul 09, 13:31
by Pudu
Bloody hell I had forgotten about Stretch. Now where is my bloody cd of theirs?

PostPosted: 6th Jul 09, 14:08
by mochy
Speaking of theme tunes, what's the tune on the Howling Willie record that comes on during, I think, White Guys then again in Country Boy? It's so familiar but I just can't place it from my childhood.

PostPosted: 6th Jul 09, 16:22
by WiredOut
mochy wrote:Speaking of theme tunes, what's the tune on the Howling Willie record that comes on during, I think, White Guys then again in Country Boy? It's so familiar but I just can't place it from my childhood.


Country Boy features the Local Hero movie theme quite prominently. Dunno about White Guys though, from memory.

And as a Jock, I wonder if we're talking about Tennents lager, rather than Tenants?

PostPosted: 6th Jul 09, 16:24
by Sarc
WiredOut wrote:
And as a Jock, I wonder if we're talking about Tennents lager, rather than Tenants?


We are we're just taking the piss and ignoring the different spellings of it.

PostPosted: 6th Jul 09, 21:16
by Pauly
eyeheartsatan wrote: 'Trampagne' :


Love it :lol:

PostPosted: 6th Jul 09, 23:04
by SiN1758
WiredOut wrote:
mochy wrote:Speaking of theme tunes, what's the tune on the Howling Willie record that comes on during, I think, White Guys then again in Country Boy? It's so familiar but I just can't place it from my childhood.


Country Boy features the Local Hero movie theme quite prominently. Dunno about White Guys though, from memory.

And as a Jock, I wonder if we're talking about Tennents lager, rather than Tenants?


Holy fuck you're right!! I'd been wondering why that song sounded so familiar
(my dad was a big Mark Knopfler fan when I was growing up - used to get subjected to the Local Hero soundtrack album on a regular basis)

PostPosted: 7th Jul 09, 10:13
by kitescreech
I thought the same, something by Ronnie Hazelhurst. Ginger's sitcom...

PostPosted: 7th Jul 09, 10:54
by Ilsa
Love Local Hero brilliant film and soundtrack imho.

"Trampagne" :lol: Love it - the word, rather than the beverage that is :shock:

Driving to work the other day, was about 9.50 and we spotted a, erm, 'lady' drinking. Even stayed at the lights on green to get a look at what was making someone wobble so early in a morning. As everyone else in the traffic queue was doing the same it caused no problem. White Storm, which when googled is revealed to be a member of the cider family named after adverse weather conditions, a 7.5% 'Tramp Juice' that is apparently very good at cleaning jewellery.

PostPosted: 7th Jul 09, 11:07
by Pudu
Ilsa wrote:Love Local Hero brilliant film and soundtrack imho.

"Trampagne" :lol: Love it - the word, rather than the beverage that is :shock:

Driving to work the other day, was about 9.50 and we spotted a, erm, 'lady' drinking. Even stayed at the lights on green to get a look at what was making someone wobble so early in a morning. As everyone else in the traffic queue was doing the same it caused no problem. White Storm, which when googled is revealed to be a member of the cider family named after adverse weather conditions, a 7.5% 'Tramp Juice' that is apparently very good at cleaning jewellery.


Nope it was about 8.50!!!